Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Burnley - Charlton - Post Match Views

edited September 2013 in General Charlton
Just walking out the ground

Appalling performance...dire

Comments

• Time for Powell to earn his money.
  • Time for the board to f*** off!
  • Totally predictable. Burnley on fire. We are shit at the mo. We can't score without Yann. We can't keep a clean sheet.

If Yann is back on Tuesday, we stand a chance. Remember Leicester.

Keep the faith. The pain will be over before long and we will improve.
  • Powell's team, hardly changed from the past 2 seasons. It's his tactics that are being used out there. He needs to seriously rethink his team and tactics for Tuesday.

I love the man, but he is the one to blame right now. He picks the team and the tactics and right now they aren't working.
  • Can everyone please take a minute before posting.

We know it's bad.
  • edited September 2013
    It'll take more than a minute - try a day.
  • Wonder if any of the board made the trip up?
  • Can we try and win a game from the start for a change? Two wingers instead of 5 cms would do nicely.

The 'sitting back and hope we don't concede' route doesn't work.
  • Davo55 said:

Totally predictable. Burnley on fire. We are shit at the mo. We can't score without Yann. We can't keep a clean sheet.

If Yann is back on Tuesday, we stand a chance. Remember Leicester.

Keep the faith. The pain will be over before long and we will improve.

Hoping you're right. You probably are.

• Am I wrong in thinking we were the better team before their first goal? It's not all bad.
  • Sponsored links:

• A few more defeats and CP will be on his way. I don't think the argument that nobody else could do any better will be a credible one - could we actually get worse?
    The only consolation is that there are seven or eight teams as bad as us.
    If we lose the next two home games I'm not sure how the board will react.
  • Saga Lout said:

Am I wrong in thinking we were the better team before their first goal? It's not all bad.

It doesn't matter how good we are if we aren't scoring.
  • Fair play to you and all those who traveled up there.

Really concerned, crowds disappearing, awful football and the fighting spirit the squad has had over the past two seasons has seemingly disappeared.

Next two home games look very hard, feel there is going to be some difficult decisions made both on and off the pitch soon
  • Ross said:

Powell's team, hardly changed from the past 2 seasons. It's his tactics that are being used out there. He needs to seriously rethink his team and tactics for Tuesday.

I love the man, but he is the one to blame right now. He picks the team and the tactics and right now they aren't working.

What kind of logic is that? The team hasn't changed? Lots of players have come and gone in the past couple of seasons. Even if it was the exact same team over the two years, wouldn't that be a problem, as every other team will have had the opportunity to strengthen and our players have gotten older?

He's trying tactics to suit the personnel he's got at hand, with few signings and key injuries.
  • Have only just got in from work so all I have to go on is the score. Stephens and Gower was a baffling decision, as far as I'm concerned Stephens shouldn't be anywhere near the first team. Was that as bad a decision as I imagine? How did Cousins do?
  • Saga Lout said:

Am I wrong in thinking we were the better team before their first goal? It's not all bad.

I don't know if that's the case but it's completely understandable if it's true. Our confidence much be very fragile and we are missing out three most influential players and I don't doubt that when the players need a lift they look to Jackson and/or Kermorgant an they were both missing today.

The truth is that until we can keep clean sheets we need to play tight at the back and hope that we don't get thumped. Today we conceded before half time and then when pressed in the second half we conceded two more.

I'm not very worried yet but I am a little concerned.

I'd be cracking my pants if I was Slater or TJ now though. They must be wondering if they are going to lose everything if things carry on as they are. At least that gives me something to smile about!
  • We're still 5th............. (bottom)

Sounded like another tame performance but a predictable result
    SCP made the changes us experts had shouted for , no 3-5-2 , cousins and Stewart to start and he made an attacking early sub bringing Harriott on at ht and we still get well and truly done
    The truth is we are dogwank and no matter what team/formation he picks we're gonna struggle
    Is there any one better out there to get more from our stale cheap squad , me thinks not
    Last seasons miracles got the rose tinted prematurely ejaculating over this seasons potential potency and now the limpness we're showing will require major surgery and some blue ones to make us rise higher

0% top half ............ 13th-21st 60% The big R 40%
  • LoOkOuT said:

Ross said:

Powell's team, hardly changed from the past 2 seasons. It's his tactics that are being used out there. He needs to seriously rethink his team and tactics for Tuesday.

What kind of logic is that? The team hasn't changed? Lots of players have come and gone in the past couple of seasons. Even if it was the exact same team over the two years, wouldn't that be a problem, as every other team will have had the opportunity to strengthen and our players have gotten older?

He's trying tactics to suit the personnel he's got at hand, with few signings and key injuries.
    It hasn't changed in the fact that it's the core of the team, 8 of the 11 out there today were here last season, and 5 of them were here in League One. Our other additions have been to try and strengthen the squad.

As for tactics, Church up front on his own isn't a good tactic IMO. Lone strikers need to be big and strong, personally a better option would have been Sordell. And he is still leaving Harriott on the bench, when he has made a difference in the last few games when he has come on as a sub. Clearly he needs to be starting.
  • Disappointing but predictable result.

3 of our best players are injured in a thin squad. We only have one decent striker. You need a goal threat / goal scorer on the pitch.

With our best team out, we are competitive and can get results.

With the quality available today it is likely that the team will struggle to get a result with any formation, that you may want to pick. You can say that the manager should have used another formation, but that may not have worked either. Maybe it is down to a lack of quality back up.

Good luck to any manager who wants to manage in the current circumstances at Charlton. They will need it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Only so much you can do with a bare minimal squad, if there's no investment in the players then you really don't have a chance in this league, no solly or yann just kills our morale in the team there's no fight at all
  • We're still 5th............. (bottom)

Sounded like another tame performance but a predictable result
    SCP made the changes us experts had shouted for , no 3-5-2 , cousins and Stewart to start and he made an attacking early sub bringing Harriott on at ht and we still get well and truly done
    The truth is we are dogwank and no matter what team/formation he picks we're gonna struggle
    Is there any one better out there to get more from our stale cheap squad , me thinks not
    Last seasons miracles got the rose tinted prematurely ejaculating over this seasons potential potency and now the limpness we're showing will require major surgery and some blue ones to make us rise higher

0% top half ............ 13th-21st 60% The big R 40%

There are better managers out there but we're not going to attract them. We just need to stay up whatever that takes.....
  • Let's be honest, the club is clearly being run like a complete mess. And Powell may well walk before he is pushed as a result. But whilst the majority of the problems lie with the board imo, nobody (including heaven forbid Chris Powell) are blameless. There seems a split where some fans lay the blame at CPs doorstep and some want to wipe his arse for him. In reality, the truth may be somewhere in the middle.
  • bbc stats say we had 2 shots on target to their 3 .we had 10 off target to their 13 .sounds pretty even.anyone there enlighten us?
  • I really do think we need to percevere with Sordell up front, one game here and there is no way for a player to regain form or confidence.Church is like Gary Nelson will run all day but isn't the answer.Strange how Piggott seems to have moved above Azeez in the pecking order as I though Azeez was highly thought of ? Strange don't get too down or disappointed anymore (apart from last week) just accepting the situation which is a bit sad considering how long I've been going.
  • Let's be honest, the club is clearly being run like a complete mess. And Powell may well walk before he is pushed as a result. But whilst the majority of the problems lie with the board imo, nobody (including heaven forbid Chris Powell) are blameless. There seems a split where some fans lay the blame at CPs doorstep and some want to wipe his arse for him. In reality, the truth may be somewhere in the middle.

We desperately need to avoid relegation - hopefully CP can do this.
  • timken said:

bbc stats say we had 2 shots on target to their 3 .we had 10 off target to their 13 .sounds pretty even.anyone there enlighten us?

they scored 3 we scored 0 - not so even
  • It's becoming a shambles - I don't mind getting beaten if you put in a shift. The training needs to really focus now on our problem area - midfield - neither protecting nor providing.
  • I really don't think that the formation we play makes the slightest difference. We have a weak midfield & a poor selection of strikers, except for Yann. That makes scoring goals extremely difficult. The odds must be against us winning most games, regardless of how we line up.
  • edited September 2013
    There are better managers out there but we're not going to attract them.

Who?