Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

STATBANK - Barnsley 2-2 Charlton

Many thanks to the 15 Lifers who gave marks.
Both Cousins and Cort had the joint top mark but I gave the MoM to Cousins as out of the 15 sets of marks 2 Lifers gave Cousins the outright highest mark whilst 1 to Cort.

Stats here:https://us.v-cdn.net/5000498/uploads/FileUpload/ae/c0f1fcfe1fb55b6a6da3dbb6d89fbf.pdf

Comments

• Thanks for all your good work in compiling these interesting stats. Does that spirited comeback herald a new dawn...?
  • Thanks for all your good work in compiling these interesting stats. Does that spirited comeback herald a new dawn...?

More likely Dawn French on "Whose rack"

• Great work yet again. Just one point I think Dervite was subbed at half time due to an injury. He was limping after about 15 mins.
  • Great work yet again. Just one point I think Dervite was subbed at half time due to an injury. He was limping after about 15 mins.

not according to CP on the OS who said it was due to the yellow card and his game being a bit below standard

• Thanks - great stuff. Think Morrison has definitely been below par for the past few games and the end of last season. Think on that showing Cort should be back - give Morro a rest!
  • Maybe Morro isn't playing as well, because he prefers playing alongside Cort ?
  • Maybe Morro isn't playing as well, because he prefers playing alongside Cort ?

Good point - they were certainly a good partnership at the beginning of last season.
  • That is the lowest I've ever seen Yann marked. Lets hope he can step up his game again.

Cheers LL.
  • That is the lowest I've ever seen Yann marked. Lets hope he can step up his game again.

Cheers LL.

then you didn't see 4.88 at Wendies or 4.20 at home against Forest last season, as another Lifer has suggested could it be that the opposition have now worked out how to stop him?

• Great stuff.

In the player marks thread I noticed that Wilson had quite a large range of marks with some scoring as low as 4 and some as high as 6.5 (I think). Is that normal considering how few fans scored in total ?
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:

Great stuff.

In the player marks thread I noticed that Wilson had quite a large range of marks with some scoring as low as 4 and some as high as 6.5 (I think). Is that normal considering how few fans scored in total ?

I just had a scan of the marks for the more distant games last season where there were a small number of marks, and yes you are right it is unusual to have such a disparity in marks. IMHO there are a couple of reasons - last season most away games were good performances and so marks were high and similar, also I was quite confused by Wilson's performance at Barnsley as I just couldn't work out what he was doing, perhaps the other Lifers had the same confusion :)

not according to CP on the OS who said it was due to the yellow card and his game being a bit below standard

Apologies for doubting you. I hadn't bothered to read the OS article.

Apologies for doubting you. I hadn't bothered to read the OS article.

not a problem, us NWers must stick together :)
  • se9addick said:

Great stuff.

I just had a scan of the marks for the more distant games last season where there were a small number of marks, and yes you are right it is unusual to have such a disparity in marks. IMHO there are a couple of reasons - last season most away games were good performances and so marks were high and similar, also I was quite confused by Wilson's performance at Barnsley as I just couldn't work out what he was doing, perhaps the other Lifers had the same confusion :)

Do you mean positionally ? Personally I think that right side should be built around Solly and more specifically his ability to take the ball forward, therefore I would choose out of Green/Pritchard/Wilson whoever's better at offering cover. Which is probably Pritchard but could also be Wilson.
  • se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Great stuff.

Do you mean positionally ? Personally I think that right side should be built around Solly and more specifically his ability to take the ball forward, therefore I would choose out of Green/Pritchard/Wilson whoever's better at offering cover. Which is probably Pritchard but could also be Wilson.
    Wilson was full of enthusiasm and effort but just seemed overweight and his first touch wasn't great , he does seem to combine with Solly well though, back tracks, and gives Solly the confidence to come forward

• Cort and Cousins top - good substitutions, then!
  • Remember, we only hear about subs Weeg when SCP gets them wrong :-)