Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Republic of Ireland v Cyprus

Reid has started if anyone's here/interested.

Just had half a chance & a free kick.

Looks ok to me.

Fingers crossed he stays that way!

Comments

• Looked huge to me in the line up !! I know he lost a lot in the Summer, but it looks like his natural shape is returning.

He was a fitness doubt before the last one and played, and the same again tonight. He clearly is not 100% if that's the case, and may be taking injections to get through games.

The proof will be if he starts against Wolves, and how he performs.
  • no chance of him starting at wolves,no chance whatsoever
  • edited October 2007
    sorry, don't buy this overweight nonsense about Reid & I don't believe he isn't 100% fit.

he was MOM against a very decent Germany side, not bad for an overweight cripple

he maybe carrying a knock (ankle) but he seems to be moving ok to me

& whats wrong with playing with injections? players have been doing it for years, no one moans about Terry or Gerrard doing it

it remains to be seen whether he plays on Saturday, but it won't be for the lack of effort

rant over!
  • Keane just had a great chance, straight at the bloomin keeper!
  • Crikey, Cyprus nearly scored!

Croke Park booing the boys in green.

Oh dear :-(
  • Reidy was poor tonight.

He genuinely doesn't look 100% fit.

If he played like that for us we'd all be going bananas!

BTW, Paul McShane? Shane Westley morelike. Bloody useless.
  • I think he will rested Saturday, what with 2 more games coming up soon after. Play the Racoon.
  • If I was Pards I would be livid that he played two games whilst carrying an injury. I will be very surprised to see him start on Saturday. Bench definitely (if ankle OK).
  • [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]If I was Pards I would be livid that he played two games whilst carrying an injury. I will be very surprised to see him start on Saturday. Bench definitely (if ankle OK).

I could understand him starting the game against germany when there was still an outside chance of them qualifying but playing him when he's carrying an injury in a meaningless game is just plain stupid.

Pards will be fuming and rightly so....