Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

7 seater MPVs

Looking a getting a second hand MPV. Currently got qashqai but now we have two littluns there is not enough space for someone to sit between the car seats in the back. Any suggestions on a decent 7 seater that will have some boot space when all seats used or even a normal five seater that has three proper seats in the back.

Comments

• edited June 2013
    Had a zafira for a while, the two back seats are too small for an adult on a long journey . I wouldn't put the little ones in these seats. Have also used a galaxy, very nice motor, a lot bigger in the back.

What about the qashqai +2?
  • Disco.

No contest.
  • Addickted said:

Disco.

No contest.

Well, it might be "no contest" if it was actually an MPV rather than a 4X4 SUV.

• Zafira 7 seat is a practical solution. If you want 7 full sized seats its going to cost you a whole lot more.
  • We had a Grand Scenic and loved it, downsized to a standard Scenic and like love that just as much
  • No, not Zafira! The back seats are totally not suitable for adults unless they're jockeys! Galaxy or Peugeot 80x good but can be van-like...
  • We have a Seat Alhambra which is great - the sliding doors are really handy with young kids, and it comfortably sits three kids (in car seats) across the back if required. The VW Sharan is basically the same car but slightly more expensive.

If I hadn't have wanted the sliding doors so much, I'd have gone for a Ford S-Max or Galaxy both of which are good too.
  • Chevy Orlando is good value?
  • Kia Sedona........... Excellent MPV
  • Did a lot of research into this last year, for the same reasons. After a few test-drives we settled on a C4 Grand Picasso. Inside the Zafira looked & felt a bit cheap, tbh.

C4GP has a similar seat multi-config as the Zafira, but more spacious, and drives great. The panoramic windscreen is a nice feature.
  • Sponsored links:

• Yanks know how to make minivans (as they call them) so if you don't mind LHD or do a lot of European driving...
    pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/left-hand-drive/all-models/2003-lhd-dodge-grand-caravan--7-seater--minibus-4x4-left-hand-drive/1389700
    Usually driven by Minivan Moms!
  • edited June 2013
    I was looking to buy a Kia Sedona with the 7 year warranty, but they stopped making them. Kia are suppossed to be bringing out an updated version in 2014. My second choice would be the Alhambra/Sharon. The sliding rear doors are a bonus.
  • Take a close look at the Ford S-Max. It's a proper 7-seater (I have sat in the back row on a fairly long motorway run, and it was fine). Moreover, it's like a car to drive, not a van.

We had a Zafira before, and it was the best move ever to ditch it in favour of the S-Max. Unless you actually want the van experience, it's a much better car to drive, and is fantastic on longer runs (we have been to Croatia in ours).

Only issue is how much boot space you need - not huge amounts when all 7 seats in use, tons when just 5...
  • Chevrolet Captiva...it's a 7 seater SUV
  • Thanks everyone.
    We are quite keen on the Ford S MAX but I like the Seat Alhambra too.

A busy weekend beckons !!
  • Typically got something we had not really considered.

We ended up getting a 2010 Renault Grand Scenic
    Good room in the middle row, with even my 6ft 14 stone frame easily fitting between the 2 car seats on either side, what with those 3 seats moving independently from each other.

Nice drive too, went to Devon last week with 3 adults, 2 littluns and accompanying paraphanalia and very smooth indeed, and the 2.0 litre was quite powerful compared to our old 1,6 Qashqai.
  • MrOneLung said:

Typically got something we had not really considered.

We ended up getting a 2010 Renault Grand Scenic
    Good room in the middle row, with even my 6ft 14 stone frame easily fitting between the 2 car seats on either side, what with those 3 seats moving independently from each other.

Nice drive too, went to Devon last week with 3 adults, 2 littluns and accompanying paraphanalia and very smooth indeed, and the 2.0 litre was quite powerful compared to our old 1,6 Qashqai.

a VERY nice vehicle, the French still have the design flair .. enjoy it