Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

fifa confederation cup

Brazil vs Japan opener, anyone watching?
Don't fancy Tahiti's chances. LOL

Comments

• I'll have it on whilst doing work on the laptop... I'm not expecting to get too pulled in!
  • Great start from Neymar - does he always wear "Neymar Jr" on the back of his shirt ?
  • if i hadn't seen this I wouldn't have known it was being shown
  • Trying to pretend this is the real world cup...
  • It's been good so far TBF, Brazil look much better than against England the other day
  • What side is it on
  • Is it on tv?
  • I think BBC 3 but I'm watching it live on http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22920380
  • TBF Charlton lifers wouldn't look bad against the japs
  • Sponsored links:

• That honda's got a good engine
  • se9addick said:

I think BBC 3 but I'm watching it live on http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22920380

Thanks , the only bloody channel I didn't check.

• got the stretcher out for marcelo who got hit in the bollocks!
  • The Japanese team look shattered already.
  • Games tomorrow for anyone that didn't know are:

Mexico v Italy at 8pm (bbc3)
    Spain v Uruguay 11pm (bbc1)

Didn't anticipate how boring sport-wise this summer would be. Took the Euros and Olympics for granted last year so actually going to enjoy this cup, however insignificant it is.
  • Spain Uruguay should be good.
  • Jaddick said:

Games tomorrow for anyone that didn't know are:

Mexico v Italy at 8pm (bbc3)
    Spain v Uruguay 11pm (bbc1)

Didn't anticipate how boring sport-wise this summer would be. Took the Euros and Olympics for granted last year so actually going to enjoy this cup, however insignificant it is.

I reckon most of the teams probably take it pretty seriously, Brazil especially.

Will be interesting to see how bad Tahiti are.
  • What is the confederation cup, is there a reason why England never get invited
  • Sponsored links:

• Kap10 said:

What is the confederation cup, is there a reason why England never get invited

Yeah, cause we are ????. It was dreamed up by fifa to line there pockets............it's a poor mans mini world cup where the best teams from all the confederations play each other.

• Held in the stadiums that will host World cup football next summer. The hosts and world cup winners are joined by the six confederation champions (or in Europe's case, runners up thanks to Spain) to play an eight team WC dress rehearsal. :-)
  • Watched this on the BBC's new HD red button service. (Channel 980 on Freesat). The opening part of the match was really hilarious because the commentary and video were so far out of sync. It was a bit bizarre knowing there was going to be a free kick before the foul was committed and hearing the crowd celebrate Neymar's goal before he had actually hit the ball!
  • Just found out Blatter's speech before the game got badly booed, nice.
  • so what's the qualification procedure, why aren't england in the competion as other european teams are? not that we'd win it.
  • I think it's the holders of the six regional championships, world cup hosts and world cup holders, hence lack of English involvement. Italy are in this one due to being runners up at the euros as Spain had already qualified as world cup holders.
  • Tahiti v Spain should be a corker
  • I think it's the holders of the six regional championships, world cup hosts and world cup holders, hence lack of English involvement. Italy are in this one due to being runners up at the euros as Spain had already qualified as world cup holders.

ok thanks.

• Saw on the news there had been protests/rioting in Brazil from those who don't want the World Cup there.

I wonder if any of them were protesting at possible parking restrictions.
  • Gone for Italy 3-0 at 25/1 £1 on