Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

labouring

I need some help putting a patio down, anyone want some work?

Comments

• Options
    Inbox me details?
  • Options
    CafcCrazyPaving">Inbox me details?
  • Options
    Lmao
  • Options
    Resurected this old thread for some advice.

I have a lot of work to do outside looking after the chickens (can be anywhere between 40 and 100 hens in at any one time). Now the daylight hours are lessening I'm wondering about getting some help in. A friend's daughter helps out on Saturdays for a couple of hours. She's 16 and does what would take me hours in half the time. However, there's a lot of wheeling woodchip up and down the hill and shovelling the mounds of chicken shit/compost etc that's bloody knackering for us both.
    Question is - how much is the going rate for this sort of work ?
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    £8/£9 p/h, plus free eggs for life.

Its essentially a minimum wage job.
  • Options
    Resurected this old thread for some advice.

I have a lot of work to do outside looking after the chickens (can be anywhere between 40 and 100 hens in at any one time). Now the daylight hours are lessening I'm wondering about getting some help in. A friend's daughter helps out on Saturdays for a couple of hours. She's 16 and does what would take me hours in half the time. However, there's a lot of wheeling woodchip up and down the hill and shovelling the mounds of chicken shit/compost etc that's bloody knackering for us both.
    Question is - how much is the going rate for this sort of work ?
    Along similar lines our dogs breeder pays £9 an hour to her kennel maids for cleaning kennels etc. Which increases when they’ve progressed enough to get involved with grooming her show dogs etc. Their ages averages around 17 I’m guessing when I’ve seen them. 
  • Options
    Where are you based AT and how many hours a week are you looking to fill?
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Based near Swanley. Realistically I can only afford a few hours a week. 

• Options

Thanks AT, for some reason I thought you were closer to me down here near West malling. I know a young lad who is looking for a bit of work however he does not drive and its a long way to go for a couple, of hours. Good luck in your search though.
  • Options

Thanks AT, for some reason I thought you were closer to me down here near West malling. I know a young lad who is looking for a bit of work however he does not drive and its a long way to go for a couple, of hours. Good luck in your search though.
    Ah that's a shame - but thank you :smile: