Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Why was my thread closed quickly please.

I arrived home on Saturday very angry. Nothing to do with the game or the result, I was angry at the police behaviour. I started a thread using words like pathetic, idiots, and in one case fat fool. Strong words you might say, but surely not offensive on a forum that constantly accepts the F word, and the C word which in my opinion are beyond offensive.

My question is ' should I not deserve an explanation for closing the thread almost immediately ? . I have no problem accepting that the people running this site might decide to ban me, or even to close my thread. What I am asking for is a reason why. Incidentally, reading another thread I see that the officers about whom I was complaining, had forced a young disabled lad to walk up a steep hill in the opposite direction to the transport which he needed to reach. If I am wrong, tell me.

Comments

• Probably because there was an existing thread?
  • And your post was put in the relevant thread. We all read it.
  • @Granpa

As stated by others above, it was closed because there was already a very large thread covering the same topic. I closed your thread, copied what you had wrote, pasted it in the large thread against your name, and added a @Granpa so you would get a notification against your name in the top right panel.

Depressing results leads to angry posters, which lead to a ridiculous amount of admin / moderating work which needs to be done on a Saturday night. When we are equally depressed as well. Sometimes it is not physically possible to provide individual feedback to every single admin / moderating change, and would hope the common sense of the user would understand the reason why. Please remember, this is not a job. It is a hobby that provides a service that has to be fit into our working and personal lives.

If ever a moderating decision is not clear, we repeatedly ask people to email admin@charltonlife.com or send an inbox message to me, Lookout or WSS.

The reason for that is so that some of the time we are trying to cut back on the number of threads on the same topic. By starting another thread asking about it, that completely defeats the purpose.
  • BOOOOOOOO!
  • Dictatorship ;)
  • Dictatorship ;)

Says the man who has a picture of Borat on his profile.!
  • If you aint careful you will be asked to turn right when you next exit this forum.
  • Granpa said:

I started a thread using words like pathetic, idiots, and in one case fat fool.

That really is no way to talk about AFKA, you're lucky you're not banned!
  • ha, very good Chris !
  • Sponsored links:

• Granpa said:

I started a thread using words like pathetic, idiots, and in one case fat fool.

That really is no way to talk about AFKA, you're lucky you're not banned!
    Could have been worse, he could have pinched your bum.
  • the thread was alahdin so it was alahdin and quite alahdin too.
  • Careful, NLA will tell his police mates.
  • keep em peeled..
  • Plaaayer said:

Careful, Bertie Smalls will tell his police mates.

• Evening all.