Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dexter

Right up to date! Searched "Dexter" and got shit! Doing this on my phone, here goes.....
Love it personally, and on season 7 on Fox. Anyone else a follower?

Comments

• Have watched every episode. By far my favourite thing on television, ever. Yes - even better than The Wire (which I finally watched this year, back to back, in the space of a month)
  • Have watched every episode. By far my favourite thing on television, ever. Yes - even better than The Wire (which I finally watched this year, back to back, in the space of a month)

There is another thread somewhere, but the search function on her is pretty poor, so not surprised you couldn't find it :)

• I've seen all of season 7, it is very good. The ending is quite shocking - I won't spoil it for you.

I think season 8 will be the last. Based on what happened in season 6 and is coming in season 7 I think the last season could be spectacular - or a complete let down.
  • Watched seasons 1-6 but only watched a couple of season 7 so far. Great programme but do feel it's being dragged out now and this season should maybe be the last.
  • They are filming 2 more seasons that I know of
  • Great show
  • Leroy you read the books?
    Id reccomend them, S7 wasnt such a shock when you read the first couple.
  • At least now his annoying sister has tumbled him we don't have to go through her stumbling on his kill room and failing to spot him hiding behind a bit of cling film every second episode. After the first series it went a bit flashy and sensational for me, his personality completely changed too.
  • SPOILERS MORTS!!!!
  • Not read previous posts, but got one more episode of season 5 to watch on DVD then season 6 to start.

what I only just found out is that in real life Dexter and his sister in the show got together, got married and divorced all during the filming of the programme.

Must have been a bit strange !!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Finished series 7 what seems like an age ago.Series 8 airs in June. Eztv will be my friend for the duration.
  • I'm on season five - it's a great boxset to watch but I do find it repetitive watching it this way, and I care little for many of the subplots. It's more like a cop procedural with a twist or freak of the week show. Certainly not in the bracket of Wire, Sopranos or Breaking Bad. Sme cracking one liners. "I'll leave with your head in a bag. I already have the bag."
  • Watched it from the first episode on FX. Has been amazing but the current (last) season is probably the worst so far. The Trinity series is one of the best ever on TV.
  • Yep, haven't enjoyed the five episodes of this season yet as much. It's a kind of waiting to see how/by who Dexter is killed. IMO.
  • It went off track last series when they changed his sisters relationship towards him (trying not to spoil) that was ridiculous.
  • Season 4 might be one of my favourite seasons of any TV show I have ever seen.
  • WSS said:

Yep, haven't enjoyed the five episodes of this season yet as much. It's a kind of waiting to see how/by who Dexter is killed. IMO.

Thank god for this comment! I was thinking it was just me. I'm struggling with this final series and just can't get into it. Shame as it has been my fave TV show for years.
  • edited July 2013
    Been keeping up and sometimes staying up for each new episode on Sunday night/morning but since it's an American show there's often Putlocker/sockshare links up very soon after.

Along with Breaking Bad and Suits probably my favourite thing on TV atm, love it. Felt like what was an eternity between season 7 and 8 but definitely got back into it when I heard the theme tune in the first ep of s8.

Thought some of the series were a little weak but the first one and the Trinity killer one were the best. Hoping something is going to happen in this final series as it's been pretty boring so far, not sure where they're going to go with the whole Deb story line.
  • Trinity was the highlight for me
  • Agree with pretty much everything said.
  • Sponsored links:

• Redhenry said:

Trinity was the highlight for me

'Hello, Dexter Morgan'

• I watched the first two episodes tonight and thoroughly enjoyed it.

It was weird though because despite a shed load of murders and all that cryptic stuff with fingers in ice and dolls in the fridge, the only thing that gave me a sense of disbelief was the feeling that, unlike LaGuerta, no boss would put up with the open displays of hostility that Doakes shows towards Dexter without saying something.
  • edited August 2013
    Is that not what we on here call banter?
  • Agree with the comments above. Dexter is one of my fave shows and have loved all the previous series. Just finding the first few episodes in this one to be nowhere near as good. Really hope that it picks up as it progresses.
  • Stig said:

I watched the first two episodes tonight and thoroughly enjoyed it.

It was weird though because despite a shed load of murders and all that cryptic stuff with fingers in ice and dolls in the fridge, the only thing that gave me a sense of disbelief was the feeling that, unlike LaGuerta, no boss would put up with the open displays of hostility that Doakes shows towards Dexter without saying something.

I rarely find LaGuerta believable. She dominates the subplots and that's a shame (for me at least). Batista grew on me, but even then he's a bit one-note.
  • I feel I must commend Michael Hall on his acting throughout this series, I particularly enjoy the subtle changes between Dexter going about his everyday business and Dexter 'on a kill'. Also he has some brilliant lines, such as Season 3's

'I accept you, Dexter, like a brother.'

'I killed my brother. I killed yours too'
  • Latest series is a bit of a slow burner so far. Hopefully will ignite shortly for a big finale though.
  • Just onto Season 5. Still enjoying it, but it's trashy crap now. Colin Hanks is great casting, but it's almost a pardoy of itself now. When he paints Dexter's face into the devil mural... my word that was hilarious.
  • I have to say that, for the first time, the latest season was as good as I've become used to.

Most of this season has been, to be frank, a little tedious!
  • Ok, just to clarify, I didn't mean the naked scene with Dexter and Hannah!