Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Hull advanced purchase travel tickets.............at last

http://uk.megabus.com/
The outward journey is by train to East Midlands Parkway changing onto a coach for the remaining part of the trip

http://tickets.eastcoast.co.uk/ec/en/JourneyPlanning/MixingDeck
Then the return journey back by train

Going out cost £13 and returning at £24.50 without railcard discounts
At this late stage of booking the prices are not so bad

Comments

• I want to go but i don't fancy the coach bit very much :(
  • Just a quick question for future reference as I won't be going to Hull. Are you allowed to drink on megabus coaches?
  • Just a quick question for future reference as I won't be going to Hull. Are you allowed to drink on megabus coaches?

Not sure about drink, don't try smoking.

• Haha I remember that story.
  • If there are 4 or more travelling try emailing Corporate and Events at East Midlands trains they did us a deal for yesterday where it cost us 34 quid.
  • The combo with Megabus worked out alright for Huddersfield last season, but 4 hours 10 looks savage going up there and eats into valuable pub time. Am just gonna say sod it and book a return train a bit later.

Megabus trains yes, on the coach is a definite no no
  • RedPanda said:

The combo with Megabus worked out alright for Huddersfield last season, but 4 hours 10 looks savage going up there and eats into valuable pub time. Am just gonna say sod it and book a return train a bit later.

Could work out expensive, have a drink on the train to East Midlands parkway, snooze on the coach and have another couple once you get in to Hull
  • It's my last year with a young person's card, so making the most of it. Just booked for £43, not too bad.

Am looking forward to this one, the only other game I've done oop in tat norff this season has been Burnley.
  • RedPanda said:

It's my last year with a young person's card, so making the most of it. Just booked for £43, not too bad.

Am looking forward to this one, the only other game I've done oop in tat norff this season has been Burnley.

Jealous, mines ran out this season and I'm missing it (btw, if you are 25 at the mo, on the day before your 26th birthday go and renew your card-they'll give you another full year, that's what I did).

So I'm assuming based on the above the cheapest adult direct fare is £60+. How come there have just been no decent priced train tickets for this one ? Not sure I fancy a four hour coach leg on the way there !
  • Sponsored links:

• Booked a return for £42
  • Mike said:

Booked a return for £42

Is that direct with a rail card ? And via which site ?
  • Yeah with a railcard mate unfortunately! Eastcoast I bought them on but should be same price most places. 9.48 out I think and 6.30 back
  • Got ya-I miss my rail card !
  • Erm....

"Hull's FA Cup defeat on Saturday meant we have avoided having to go there on a Tuesday night - http://t.co/ObnPgtaw. (IL) #cafc"
  • se9addick said:

RedPanda said:

It's my last year with a young person's card, so making the most of it. Just booked for £43, not too bad.

Jealous, mines ran out this season and I'm missing it (btw, if you are 25 at the mo, on the day before your 26th birthday go and renew your card-they'll give you another full year, that's what I did).

So I'm assuming based on the above the cheapest adult direct fare is £60+. How come there have just been no decent priced train tickets for this one ? Not sure I fancy a four hour coach leg on the way there !
    9.15 from St Pancras by train, only two hours by coach so not too bad
  • Think I'm going to try the official coach service, any ideas how long it would take to Hull, has an 8am pick up time ?
  • se9addick said:

Think I'm going to try the official coach service, any ideas how long it would take to Hull, has an 8am pick up time ?

Imagine you will not get there much before 2
  • Mate purchased two tickets yesterday wed 29th from Kings Cross direct to Hull 50pound return each.Not bad price leaving Kings Cross on the 09-48 train .