Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

USA Moon landing (C5)

Well that's got me thinking.
A lot of evidence to doubt it ever happening.
Certainly went through a lot of astronauts in the late 60's/early 70's

Comments

• Really? 'Evidence'?
  • Well I thought those pictures, and statements made for a good conspiracy belief.
    Did you watch? Have these conspiracies been quashed before?
    First time I have given it any thought.
  • A few years back I saw a lot of stuff on t'internet saying it was a hoax - probably the greatest ever. Very believable and very worrying makes a mockery of my childhood, yearning to be an astronaut (as was everyone of a similar age) - can't cope with the idea it was all staged to piss off the ruskies!
  • Have you not seen Capricorn 1 .. The Movie ?
  • It was a ridiculous programme, very one sided. Decided not to mention the reflectors on the moon many people used to this day, or the fact the Russians tracked the whole thing and would have loved to expose a fraud.
  • Saga Lout said:

A few years back I saw a lot of stuff on t'internet saying it was a hoax - probably the greatest ever. Very believable and very worrying makes a mockery of my childhood, yearning to be an astronaut (as was everyone of a similar age) - can't cope with the idea it was all staged to piss off the ruskies!

And as for Father Christmas...
  • Can't stand conspiracy theories, most made up by weird creepy men or bored uni students.

Man has landed on the moon.
  • Well I thought those pictures, and statements made for a good conspiracy belief.
    Did you watch? Have these conspiracies been quashed before?
    First time I have given it any thought.

Genuinely, yes. Have seen at least three different programmes on it. all of them rehash the same tired old shitty theories, all of which have been roundly debunked. Fair enough if you haven't seen any of this before - the way they make the programmes is quite convincing - but do a bit of research on the internet, you'll come to the same conclusion I did. It's a load of bollocks dreamt up by and aimed at the same people who think the CIA blew up the world trade centre.
  • Elvis told me it was all true.
  • Sponsored links:

• Plus pretty insulting saying they blew up Apollo 1 on purpose because they 'knew too Lucy's.

The daftest thing for me is the bit saying if you speed up the footage of them going slowly because of the gravity, it looks like normal footage. Well, yeah, no shit, Sherlock - slow it down and It'll look like there was even less gravity too!!
  • Saga Lout said:

A few years back I saw a lot of stuff on t'internet saying it was a hoax - probably the greatest ever. Very believable and very worrying makes a mockery of my childhood, yearning to be an astronaut (as was everyone of a similar age) - can't cope with the idea it was all staged to piss off the ruskies!

And as for Father Christmas...
    FFS Don't start on Santa! Where will it all end? I'm getting concerned about the tooth fairy now.
  • 'Knew too much'.

Stupid phone.
  • I heard there actually was a massive cover up and it was all orchestrated by Tony Jiminez.
  • I know at least 3 Lucy's.
  • Any evidence that has been put forward to suggest the landing was staged has been comprehensively disproven on many occasions by many, very knowledgeable, people.
  • Rob62 said:

Any evidence that has been put forward to suggest the landing was staged has been comprehensively disproven on many occasions by many, very knowledgeable, people.

That's what "they" want you to believe...
  • Everyone knows there's no golf courses on the moon. Case proven.
  • check out badastronomy. blows this shit clean out of the water
  • Sponsored links:

• by all means you should question how events like this in human history (moon landing, 9/11) and look at both sides. However if you're a conspiracy theorist you're just as bad as the people who blindly swallow what the media give them. Sheeple.
  • FFs... All that feckin man on the moon shite. Did anyone see one single Clanger in the footage? And all of that supposed moon rock not a single bit of cheese. I rest my case.
  • Truth would have come out by now surely. Plus if it was all set up then the 'evidence' would have been picked up by NASA straight away such as the lighting etc. They're not stupid people so they would have noticed before publishing the pictures.
  • Have we only ever landed on the moon once

If so why have we never gone back is it because it is made of cheese and that we got a parking fine last time that we ain't paid
  • When you think about it it doesn't ring true that man walked on the moon.
    45 years on and technology suggests we aren't capable of doing it now let alone in 1969.
  • What technology suggests we aren't capable of doing it now, Beds?
    45 years on and technology suggests we aren't capable of doing it now let alone in 1969.

We can send rovers to mars, take HD pictures, send them back and send small vessels outside the solar system. I don't think sending a human into our back garden would be too difficult

Perfectly technologically possible for us now, we've sent things way way past that out into the solar system and beyond, just no-one wastes money on it atm as it's economically destructive for something that doesn't need a physical man's presence to explore the rest of space.
  • There is one conspiracy theory about the moon landing that has a ring of truth to it.

The apollo programme was led by nazi scientists. They were given the choice just
    before Nuremberg to either be hung or work for uncle sam.

No actually. The Germans had already lost a lot of their best scientists pre-war (they were Jewish) which helped the Allies get the bomb first.

The German rocket scientists who developed the V1 and V2 were valuable property and the US made sure they got them before the Soviets did. The scientist weren't too unhappy about that.