Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

we should have dedicated threads for each away game.?

i can never seem to find them, anyway never mind that basically can anyone suggest an away pub for the shef weds game, 1st time training it up there and dont fancy drinking near any angry yorkshiremen

Comments

• i can never seem to find them, anyway never mind that basically can anyone suggest an away pub for the shef weds game, 1st time training it up there and dont fancy drinking near any angry yorkshiremen

We get up there early doors, will head up to west street for a bit of a crawl then get on the tram
  • Yes, better to drink in the city centre and head up by bus/tram for kick off.
    Went two years ago and going again this time - Sheffield good for a night out too.
  • Getting in the Howard for 11 will stay there until 2ish and cab it to the ground.
  • 1st time training it up there and dont fancy drinking near any angry yorkshiremen

'Fraid you're never far from an angry Yorkshireman in Yorkshire.

Nailed on. FACT!
  • Oggy Red said:

1st time training it up there and dont fancy drinking near any angry yorkshiremen

'Fraid you're never far from an angry Yorkshireman in Yorkshire.

Nailed on. FACT!
    Tis true!
  • Last year from the ground, police provided directions to the designated away fans pub. It was very decent with free food (sandwiches) on the bar, but good 15 minutes and all up hill!
  • Think we may be in the New Barrack Tavern. There will be Owls in there too.

Kelham Island and Fat Cat are both good old fashioned real ale boozers.

Yeah kelham island is lovely so is the Devonshire cat

Yeah kelham island is lovely so is the Devonshire cat
  • Sponsored links:

• The Fat Cat and the Kelham Island are excellent and on the way to Hillsborough. Decent bit of pub grub as well.
  • im thinking of the howard anyone can advise me on this as 1st train trip to sheffield?
  • edited December 2012

im thinking of the howard anyone can advise me on this as 1st train trip to sheffield?

Police often put away fans in there.

Has the unusual distinction of being an away fans pub and also being a gay pub.

• Stay away from the Howard its pretty ropey, the globes not much better but if your into ogling uni birds then that's your pub (not that I ever did that) .. I'd walk up the hill and go to a few bars in the city centre, the tram stops are there too
  • i can never seem to find them, anyway never mind that basically can anyone suggest an away pub for the shef weds game, 1st time training it up there and dont fancy drinking near any angry yorkshiremen

upcoming match threads are stickeed at the top, same place every time
  • The New Barrack Tavern, 10 minutes walk on Pennistone Road is blinding