Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Problem when opening threads

When opening threads, namely 'random picture friday' and 'on this day', it doesn't go to the newest post, but rather sometimes up to 10 or even 20 posts earlier. However, on some threads, for example the 'fifa 13' thread, it skips all of the new posts and goes straight to the newest post, even if I haven't read 6 new posts. On most of the threads it goes correctly to the first new post that I haven't read. It's happening on Chrome on my laptop and on Safari on my iPhone. Any ideas?

Comments

• My first suggestion is to empty your browser cache, but since it's happening on two separate devices, I'll have to think a little harder. Try it anyway and I'll get back to you.
  • Cheer Lookie
  • I don't understand why sometimes all the threads appear but then sometimes they don't, and I have to type in www.charltonlife.com again and they're there again

I'll hit 'all categories' but then a big list of individual categories comes up and it's all very confusing!!
  • I have the identical problem as Ross with my IPad, haven't been on the site with my IMac yet so I don't know if I got a similar problem.
  • Ross said:

When opening threads, namely 'random picture friday' and 'on this day', it doesn't go to the newest post, but rather sometimes up to 10 or even 20 posts earlier. However, on some threads, for example the 'fifa 13' thread, it skips all of the new posts and goes straight to the newest post, even if I haven't read 6 new posts. On most of the threads it goes correctly to the first new post that I haven't read. It's happening on Chrome on my laptop and on Safari on my iPhone. Any ideas?

Have you tried turning it off then on again?
  • Random picture Friday may cause problems because of the amount of images being pulled in from all over the web (most aren't hosted with us, but hotlinked). Can't find the "On this day" so if anyone can link it for me ;-)