Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Danson Park Fireworks

Hello,

Now we have moved out to the sticks, we can no longer walk to Blackheath Fireworks from home, so we're looking for a new option this year. I've seen on the Danson Park website that it is £4 in advance (£5 on the gate) this Saturday and no alcohol is allowed in the park. How strict are they on this as always enjoyed a glass (bottle) of wine in a plastic cup at blackheath or a mulled wine from one of the stalls. Is this really strict? obviously I'm not going to litter or get hammered - at least until after the fireworks have finished.

Also, if this is the case is there a good spot to watch them from outside the gates of Danson Park?

Alternatively, are there still fireworks at King Georges Playing Field near Sidcup Station - anyone got any details?

anyone heading to any of these places?!

Ta

Comments

• So we are not going to bump into you about 3 or 4 times??

Shame.
  • I'll be at Danson Park, gets v busy as the fair is always there too - normally take a hip flask in no bother, i.e no bag searches etc.
  • didn’t realise you can’t drink at Danson park... I’ve been breaking the law without even knowing.
    Yeah Danson is busy. It is good to see the fireworks over the lake though.
  • Hello,

Now we have moved out to the sticks, we can no longer walk to Blackheath Fireworks from home, so we're looking for a new option this year. I've seen on the Danson Park website that it is £4 in advance (£5 on the gate) this Saturday and no alcohol is allowed in the park. How strict are they on this as always enjoyed a glass (bottle) of wine in a plastic cup at blackheath or a mulled wine from one of the stalls. Is this really strict? obviously I'm not going to litter or get hammered - at least until after the fireworks have finished.

Also, if this is the case is there a good spot to watch them from outside the gates of Danson Park?

Alternatively, are there still fireworks at King Georges Playing Field near Sidcup Station - anyone got any details?

anyone heading to any of these places?!

Ta

There is a great view from my house,even throw in a free glass of wine and some nibbles.

• what time you want us round dick?

there's 6 of us :)
  • Suz, I go pretty much every year and we always take a load of booze in. The people on the gate are volunteers (usually in the latter stages of life). You'll get it in no problem.
  • It's normally pitch black in there - watch out for dog bob! - so I doubt anyone will see you drinking, let alone stop you. Mind you, there's normally plenty of plod about, although they tend to stick near the fair to stop all da yoot getting too lary.

If you stick your vino in a flask and drink it out of plastic cups that aren't see through - just to be on the safe side - then I can't see there being a problem. Unless I see you and grass you up, of course.
    ;o)

Think they stopped hacing fireworks in King Georges a good few years ago now.
  • strange as i went danson festival in august and they were selling beer everywhere
  • strange as i went danson festival in august and they were selling beer everywhere

Ah, but that's different VG - that's their own beer (or at least the beer they charge the stall holder lots of dosh to sell there).

Dojn't think they want alcohol there in the evenings as there's extra scope for agg when it's dark.

• Off_it said:

strange as i went danson festival in august and they were selling beer everywhere

Ah, but that's different VG - that's their own beer (or at least the beer they charge the stall holder lots of dosh to sell there).

Dojn't think they want alcohol there in the evenings as there's extra scope for agg when it's dark.

ah makes sense
  • Sponsored links:

• There is danson stables there so I would guess you could get a drink in there anyways?
  • Danson Park was always good.When we were pups used to sneak in through Welling Utds ground complete with carry out.Was a better display than KGV but my local knowledge is a bit dated!
  • Curb_It said:

So we are not going to bump into you about 3 or 4 times??

Shame.

No unless you come to Danson? nice walk for you down the hill!

Thanks for the tips all.
  • Not so nice back tho! We doing the same as last year but got a few other grown ups with us this time.
  • You saying we aren't grown up?
  • No, instead of just having dinner Charlotte and her pal I have four others mates as well.
  • Anyone go last night? What did you think?

To me it seemed to go on for ages with not much happening. Superb ending though.
  • We went. Can't believe the people who stood outside the gates on Danson Road, i assume to save themselves a fiver?! 100% goes to charity, so hope they paid and stood outside to save the crush afterwards.

I enjoyed it, but I agree, nothing special until the postage stamp sized union jack and land of hope and glory and then spectacular finish!! bit of a ball ache getting out but always going to be that way with all those people and small gates. Had a couple of wines whilst watching too.

The view of light sabre's from outside the fence as we were walking in looked awesome! stuff for kids on firework night certainly has gone up since my day!

My niece on her birthday loved it!
  • Suzi: £5 for one of those light sabre things, and £3 to "hook a duck". I've got two kids, so it wasn't exactly a cheap night out!

Still, enjoyed it.
  • 5 minute walk, £5 well spent, cheered me up after the game!
  • Sponsored links:

• Yeah the kids loved it, the finale was superb....all we could smell everywhere though was people smoking dope
  • Anyone remember the year a rocket hit a train?
  • I went and enjoyed it too. Agreed wih Suz, it wasn't anything special, but the kids loved it. Will go again next year for sure.
  • Blackheath was as good as usual. Didn't look as busy as previous years but there appeared to be a lot more stalls and the fair was bigger, so maybe more people gravitated towards the village and the middle of the Heath. My girls loved it and were quite content to trudge back home after the 17 minutes of frenzied entertainment. It's a scandal that one evening's free entertainment for 100,000 locals doesn't prioritise higher on Greenwich Councils spending list. Thanks again to Lewisham for digging deep.
  • 5 minute walk...

Parked nearby queued even tho inhad a ticket for 15 mins, the 10 min walk along very dark footpath with 3 yr old.. And back again afterwards.

Left before the best bit right at the end accidentally, apart from that good
  • Yeah the kids loved it, the finale was superb....all we could smell everywhere though was people smoking dope

Bit like the North stand bogs? :-0