Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Emirates

edited October 2012 in Not Sports Related
Off to the Emirates next month for the Montpellier game, never been before - opinions? Where can I get a decent burger....

Comments

• Think your on the wrong fourm.
  • edited October 2012
    Used to go to a few a season as a family member worked for the FA and we used to get the players tickets when they weren't using them, the row behind the benches.

Grub in the ground is decent, the chicken tikka pies are ledge. You won't get a beer in the ground either.

Don't expect any kind of atmosphere though.
  • Stewart said:

Think your on the wrong fourm.

Brilliant. Also - you're, forum*

• Food in the ground is ridiculously expensive, fill up outside mate
  • edited October 2012
    I went to Arsenal v Leeds in the FA cup season before last and had a lovely miniature bottle of red at half time. Pinot Noir i think. and got it served very quickly as there a huge amount of servers on every level.

Lovely stadium. They even serve beer at full time so you can have a beer and watch the scores, let the crowds go down.
  • You won't get that for a CL game, no alcohol served at all.
  • Agree with the above i have been away and with Arsenal mate a few times its expensive inside the ground but all the burger vans around aren't too bad.

Have a good one!
  • Don't buy food at the ground. It's expensive and your only lining the pockets of those blinkered Gooners.
  • Buy as much food in there as you can, it will annoy so many Arsenal haters on here
  • read the Guardian on your way there as well
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2012
    You got me, well done you.

I live in Highbury - if you want a proper meal you cant go wrong with the Standard Tandoori on Holloway Road. In fact the whole of Holloway Road is good for food. New restaurants and bars opening up every time I walk down there.

Think its £9 for a burger and drink in the ground - so dont do that.
  • edited October 2012
    This bloke does some good nosh

• This bloke does some good nosh

Looks like Keith Peacock is the latest to find another job....

• Stewart said:

I live in Highbury - if you want a proper meal you cant go wrong with the Standard Tandoori on Holloway Road. In fact the whole of Holloway Road is good for food. New restaurants and bars opening up every time I walk down there.

The Indian i had with Tavern on the way back from a night game at Leicester in holloway rd many years ago was probably the worst i've ever eaten. Ask him if he remembers it b
  • colthe3rd said:

Buy as much food in there as you can, it will annoy so many Arsenal haters on here

strange
  • Leave 10 minutes early or you'll still be waiting for the tube at 11pm
  • Stewart said:

The Indian i had with Tavern on the way back from a night game at Leicester in holloway rd many years ago was probably the worst i've ever eaten. Ask him if he remembers it b
    He mentions it every time he drives past.
  • Played on the pitch this summer in the 5-a-side comp hosted my Keown and Parlour
    Quality day, even if we didnt manage a shot on target.. We played the Korean 5 a side champions or something..

Was the first ones up to the bar and we got a free meal for taking part.
    For anyone not taking part, a few chips and a greasy, deep fried burger was £12.
  • been there a few times atmosphere dreadful when i went tried to get something in the ground then i saw the prices bit like wembley
  • edited October 2012
    Antse7en said:

Off to the Emirates next month for the Montpellier game, never been before - opinions? Where can I get a decent burger....

Enjoy your trip. Afterwards you'll have been there more times than most Arsenal fans....
  • Sponsored links:

• Curb_It said:

Stewart said:

He mentions it every time he drives past.
    Lol. I found a great picture of him and me, lennie Lawrence, Jason n, lee g, and Steve c from the valley gold day against ipswich at sellhurst. Will try and post it when i get a chance.
  • colthe3rd said:

Buy as much food in there as you can, it will annoy so many Arsenal haters on here

strange
    Indeed, so is hating Arsenal but each to their own (blinkered) self eh?
  • Sums up all that is wrong with modern football that ground - one word....souless!! Used to like going to Highbury.
  • It's not soulless tonight! That is proper away support.
  • Which proved it's the people, not the grounds.
    Just like the Poles in their new all seater last week - defeaning!!
  • Worse thread ever. Charlton fans talking about going to watch the Arse play. WTF!! If you need a footie kick so much, tug yourself while watching the moving magazine in yer comfy seat. Want goonerhater to comment on this thread.
  • Fear not shouty - am sure GH will be along soon spreading the love!
  • Worse thread ever. Charlton fans talking about going to watch the Arse play. WTF!! If you need a footie kick so much, tug yourself while watching the moving magazine in yer comfy seat. Want goonerhater to comment on this thread.

Weird. If you get offered a ticket for a game and you're not doing anything, why not go? (excludes Palace and Millwall)
  • Antse7en said:

Enjoy your trip. Afterwards you'll have been there more times than most Arsenal fans....
    Ha probably true!! Only tagging along as its a stadium I'm yet to visit. Might take my Charlton ST so I feel less of a football whore....
  • edited October 2012
    colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

strange
    Indeed, so is hating Arsenal but each to their own (blinkered) self eh?
    This charlton supporter has 2 brother in laws and 6 nephews who are all gooners as i live North of London. I also work a mile from the stadium and have to work with dozens of them so i have a pretty blinkered good reason to hate them. If that's all right with you ???