Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Singapore Addicks?

Hi all,

Any CLers Singapore based? Forsaking my season ticket and moving there in 2 weeks. Would be good to know of any fans in the area etc...

Comments

• Yes mate I am.

Work at Raffles place. If you need any help settling in, let me know more than happy to help
  • Thanks bud will be in touch when I get there. Enjoy life out there?
  • Yes very much. Although my potential hangover tomorrow may disagree with you.
  • Lived there from Jan 08 till July 09....loved it, I'm sure you will, good luck.
  • I grew up there- an amzing place to be a kid. Good luck with the move, hope you take to it as much as my six year old self did!
  • Cheers lads. I fly out the day we play palace, gutted! Hopefully can watch it on the plane with emirates. I've lives in Japan before so I'm used to late games etc, but its nice to know I won't be the only one. Coyr
  • Drop me a line if you ever pop over to Jakarta - email via my blog.
  • My mum is from Singapore. Lovely place if a little small and some strict laws! I will be out there start of October for a week so maybe I can hook up for a game one night (Watford or Blackpool) if it gets shown anywhere?
  • Always happy to meet up with fellow addicks here in Singapore, really miss the banter with fellow fans especially as the locals all support man u and Liverpool and most expats I know are hamsters.

I am often in other parts of south east Asia so it would be good to meet others as well
  • Always happy to meet up with fellow addicks here in Singapore, really miss the banter with fellow fans especially as the locals all support man u and Liverpool and most expats I know are hamsters.

I am often in other parts of south east Asia so it would be good to meet others as well

Not wrong there, i reckon 90% of them 'support' MU or Liverpool out there, makes for a good evening when they play each other though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Strangely enough, might be moving to Singapore next year, other half works for a large law firm and the head honcho wants her to move there, fingers crossed.

Not wrong there, i reckon 90% of them 'support' MU or Liverpool out there, makes for a good evening when they play each other though.
    worked there in 2006 and the Man Utd Liverpool game had a massive build up and the soccer am crew (singapore version) led a 3 hour live programme from Chijmes. Was packed down there an about 70 per cent were Liverpool as opposed to Man Utd

• Was there about 10 years ago last time, love the place. Splashed out and stayed at the Raffles, was interesting when i arrived in shorts and a Charlton shirt to be told no shorts or football shirts. They were fine once they realised i was checking in :)
  • I get to Singapore about three to four times each year. I wonder whether an Asian Addicks group could be formed to meet for the odd beer. As All_Thaid_Up says everyone supports Man U and Liverpool, so it's refreshing to see a red shirt belonging to another club.

Same in Thailand

I get to Singapore about three to four times each year. I wonder whether an Asian Addicks group could be formed to meet for the odd beer.

Been mentioned a few times. Should be possible.
  • If anyone ever finds themselves in (the South of) China feel free to drop me a PM for a beer or 10.

Hoping to meet up with Chunes in Hong Kong in a few weeks.
  • Often out there working at Raffles Quay ... will let you know next time I'm over
  • Will be there for 4 days in April. Staying at the Miramar hotel. Any good?
  • Other half did a 3 month work tour of Asia, 2 weeks each in various places, stayed at the Mandarin Marina in Marina Bay, Singapore, fell in love with the hotel & Singapore.
  • If anyone ever finds themselves in (the South of) China feel free to drop me a PM for a beer or 10.

Do we have to bring our own plastic bag?

Loved Singapore when worked there - 30 of us training them up when RBS moved the back office out there.

• Sponsored links:

• edited September 2012
    MrOneLung said:

If anyone ever finds themselves in (the South of) China feel free to drop me a PM for a beer or 10.

Loved Singapore when worked there - 30 of us training them up when RBS moved the back office out there.

Mr One Lung...as you worked for RBS was just wondering if you knew my wife Nadira. She was working for RBS in Singapore from Jan 08-July 09.
  • MrOneLung said:

If anyone ever finds themselves in (the South of) China feel free to drop me a PM for a beer or 10.

Mr One Lung...as you worked for RBS was just wondering if you knew my wife Nadira. She was working for RBS in Singapore from Jan 08-July 09.
    No, I was there Sep-Dec 2006 before taking redundancy from RBS 2007

• MrOneLung said:

MrOneLung said:

No, I was there Sep-Dec 2006 before taking redundancy from RBS 2007

Ok mate.