Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Views?

edited July 2012 in Troubleshooting
Has anyone else suddenly got the amount of views every thread has had under the thread titles?

vvvvvvvv Quote button seems to have moved too vvvvvvvv

Comments

• yep all changed round. rumours rumours has had 618k views what a thread
  • Yes, there are some minor, subtle UI (user interface) changes. And there will be some more in the coming weeks, but nothing too disturbing (that's the aim anyway).

Views have been added so that members have a sense of how popular a discussion.
  • edited July 2012
    When is says "views" does that mean they counted each time we go into a thread or are they counted every time a unique viewer reads a thread?
  • Whats with the quote and speech thingys
  • And how do you edit
  • And how do you edit

No change there by the looks of it. Top right hand side.
  • Any niggly issues, make sure you refresh your browser ("Option + Refresh button in Safari on a Mac"; "Control F5" on Windows.) Or just wait and your browser will update itself eventually ;-)

Hover over your comment to edit (Options wheel on right).

Quote is obviously at the bottom and not along the top, which may again change, because, there are a few more options coming soon to fit alongside it ;-)
  • Views represent each time a page is loaded, in this case: ie not unique IPs.
  • Not on mine i have no wheel will wait patiently
  • PC, Mac, iPad... What are you using?
  • Sponsored links:

• Pc and samsung galaxy s3
  • On PC, try to load the page (any CL page) using Control F5. You see the View count against each discussion on the main page?
  • Will try in the morning bud laters
  • No edit thingy ....I'm on a Blackberry
  • No edit thingy ....I'm on a Blackberry

Same for me and I'm on an iPhone
  • Are you two viewing on your phones in full site view or mobile view ?

On an Android phone, the edit option is available on the top right of your post, though I can't see an option for it on full site view via phone.

On an Android phone, the edit option is available on the top right of your post, though I can't see an option for it on full site view via phone.

Mobile view...
  • This has all gone weird

No idea !

Reading old threads , when someone is quoting someone else there is no colour over the quoted bit or wording of who has been quoted .... Although can see Valley Mccoist has quoted AFKA above perfectly
  • Mobile view i dont have the option i had it yesterday no big shakes youll sort it i am sure
  • Sponsored links:

• No edit on iPad.
  • No edit on iPad + 1
  • So which thread will be the first to get to a million views??
  • The options menu appears on mouse hover, which obviously has no analog on an iPad or touch device. Therefore, you have to touch your comment, in this case on the quote link to register your input and reveal the options menu. Try it and let me know.
  • Old quotes will return to full glory soon.
  • edited July 2012
    On a blackberry. Our status 'member' 'moderator' etc is a couple of font sizes bigger than the username. Looks a bit funny. Like a warning, beware johnny73, he's a giant MEMBER! (I might well be.)
    Ps. Edit works on blackberry. Click on the 'cog' top right hand corner of your post.
  • Blackberry! lol. I'll look into it.
  • For Blackberry as lookie and johnnie say the cog for "edit" will appear like magic if you hover over the top right hand corner of your post , if you don't it won't , in fact anywhere over your quote and the magic cog will appear
  • It does indeed lookie ta mate

In all honesty i dont like it change it back to how it was
  • You used to be able to see how many folk were on line...members and visitors.
    This feature seems to have dissapeared at least it has for me?
    I'm in full site view.