Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ipswich (A) 22nd September

edited June 2012 in Match Day Travel
Went to book train tickets and seems you have to go via Billericay for some reason. There's no direct service from Lpool Street to Ipswich on that day!

Comments

• Went to book train tickets and seems you have to go via Billericay for some reason. There's no direct service from Lpool Street to Ipswich on that day!
    Change at Colchester via Witham?
  • Can also go London to Cambridge then onto Ipswich
  • I live in Cambridge it's dirt cheap to ipswich
  • Match tickets are £40 a pop for this game, I was being told yesterday.
  • There are no planned engineering works showing for that day as far as I can tell. So I'm holding fire, as the advance tickets aren't even on sale yet from what I can see & certainly not at a cheap rate.

http://www.greateranglia.co.uk/engineeringworks
  • Match tickets are £40 a pop for this game, I was being told yesterday.
    I think I saw £39.

Sod that.
  • edited July 2012
    2011/12 advance prices in The Cobbold Stand end tier (where away fans go) were :-

Cat C £30
    Cat B £31
    Cat A £34

So it depends what Cat we are. I'd say A or B & then we'll have to see. But I'd say £35 max. There are only 1900 places so they can afford to push up the prices.
  • I hope we charge them the same.
  • Checked on National Rail Enquiries. You have to go Liverpool to Billericay by train then bus to Witham and then train to Ipswich, takes just short of two hours...sod that.
  • Thats Liverpool Street by the way.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2012
    The National Rail site still shows a bus service from Billericay to Witham on the 22nd.

Abellio who now run the service have agreed to reduce the number of weekend shutdowns and as noted above their site shows normal service,

Might be worth a phone call to confirm
  • Went to book train tickets and seems you have to go via Billericay for some reason. There's no direct service from Lpool Street to Ipswich on that day!
    A tad inconvenient but only adds about 40 minutes to the journey by train.

Tickets at the moment only available up to 8/9
  • sorted it. London Lpool Street to Cambridge then Change to ipswich
  • Was looking forward to this as I've not been Ipswich before.
    Now have to decide between this and a weekend in Glasgow for Burns v Mitchell.
  • sorted it. London Lpool Street to Cambridge then Change to ipswich
    Getting £33 for that option, that what you saw ?
  • Keep an eye out on nationalexpress.com and thetrainline.com. They often do deals for about £8 each way from London to Norwich/Ipswich.

Gutted I can't go to that match being one of my local games as I'm on holiday. Also missing the Palace match. Bad timing.
  • With a YP railcard I got :
    10-58 lpool street to Cambridge 12-08
    19-04 cambridge to lpool street 20-13
    this was £12-55 for a return
    then
    12-43 Cambridge to Ipswich 14-00
    17-19 Ipswich to Cambridge 18-39
    this was £10-50 for a return.
    hope that helps se9, £33 sounds about right without a railcard
  • Cool, cheers. Trying to decide between this and Forrest for my September away game, things are pretty tight financially right now I reckon all in all this one may work out quite a bit more (when match tickets are taken into account)
  • Yeah match tickets are rumoured to be expensive
  • Sponsored links:

• With a YP railcard I got :
    10-58 lpool street to Cambridge 12-08
    19-04 cambridge to lpool street 20-13
    this was £12-55 for a return
    then
    12-43 Cambridge to Ipswich 14-00
    17-19 Ipswich to Cambridge 18-39
    this was £10-50 for a return.
    hope that helps se9, £33 sounds about right without a railcard
    3 hours jeez. It's normally just over an hour & even busing it from Billericy to Witham it still only takes 2 hours. I reckon adult prices will reduce to 2x£8 singles = £16 or about £11 if you have a YP railcard.
    If I went by train, bearing in mind the above I would still not go via Cambridge. Sorry Alexander.
  • Cambridge is definitely the long way round

Billericay - Witham isnt that bad a journey but then again who wants to be a bus w*nker :)
  • Weren't tickets something like £28 last time we played there? Gotta be £30+ now.

I've only been the once ('98 playoffs) but thankfully I'm busy that weekend.
  • Trains back to normal for this now, no engineering work.
    Still showing rail replacement to/from Billericay on National Rail ?
    Still showing rail replacement to/from Billericay on National Rail ?
    They've changed it again, bastards

• Going to this. My old ops manager at work is a Ipswich fan. Told him i'd meet up for a few beers, looking forward to it as i haven't done there ground yet
  • Cambridge is definitely the long way round

Billericay - Witham isnt that bad a journey but then again who wants to be a bus w*nker :)
    A bit of a pain having engineering works but only adds 40 mins to the journey. A good away trip though on the booze front.
  • Greater Anglia have now released their advance purchase ticktets