Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Away allocations and prices for coming season

nabbed from Owlstalk....I was bored!.

Comments

• ipswichs prices are a farce
  • Looks like the Valley is a cheap day out.
  • Assuming this is accurate (a big if, since clubs aren't required to submit their pricing plans until the end of this month), a couple of points spring to mind.

1. How have Cardiff got away with an away allocation of 1,800 in a new build stadium? FL rules require at least 2,000.

2. There are limits on how much a club can charge away fans as compared to home fans (i.e. as a general rule they can't charge more for the same accommodation/stand, and they can't charge more than home fans are charged for a higher standard of accommodation in another stand). I believe that's why we're limited to £25 in the JS. So I checked the Ipswich website, and lo and behold their home ticket prices are ludicrous! The most expensive matchday tickets last year were £59.50! 60 notes to watch Ipswich!!!
  • If those prices are correct there is now a few games I am not going to
  • £39!

i miss L1 already.
  • Ouch, those Olympic tickets are starting to look like good value now. £36 for Derby and £35 for Bolton are a bit steep too, no wonder the Reebok had empty seats last season.

• I may have to have a re-think on some of those games :(
  • Boltons will go down I'm sure, that must have been their prem price.
  • I think its time to still get U21 tickets or whatever else there is
  • 30 quid to watch barnsley
  • Sponsored links:

• £39 for Ipswich, surely that can't be every game ? An absolute disgrace if so.
  • edited June 2012
    Take a look at Ipswich's prices for last season. £39 was the most expensive away possible. I think you can take those prices with a pinch of salt, as they are last seasons in any case.

We would have most likely been Category B , wing seat = £31 in advance. They have a limited capacity, so they will charge more.

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/ipswich_town/
  • Such expensive prices! Shame people are now priced out of both Prem and Championship football
  • When I've said in the past I have no desire to return to the premiership, I was not joking! This is bad enough, if not worse.

I want to be able to support my team away and I would not be able to do that in the perm and maybe not much in this league at them prices.

No wonder away supports up and down the Country are dying!
  • £35 at Selhurst in the Prem that year don't seem so bad afterall ;)

Add the extorinate train prices in this Country and it's no wonder there is not much young support coming through!
  • So if i went to every game, thats £661 , just for me... & travel costs , no wonder our away numbers are low!
  • So if i went to every game, thats £661 , just for me... & travel costs , no wonder our away numbers are low!
    i agree, all other teams get free entry and travel ffffs it's just not fair !
  • Millwall don't normally allocate 4000, thats the whole away end, 2200 is the norm (top tier), we were fortunate in that they gave us another 800 in the lower, but even then the two end blocks were not sold neither were the front two rows of the lower tier.
  • Sorry maybe that was 1200 in the lower tier....Sparrow could confirm this.
  • Bloody hell. Some of those are shocking. I had Ipswich pencilled in, but now I'm wondering. I'm not totally surprised though, as a couple of years ago I saw a list of all Prem and FL clubs in order of the most expensive season ticket and Ipswich was 4th in the whole of England. The club was asked what you get for that and the answer was 'a bit more leg room'.
  • Sponsored links:

• Interesting comparison of season ticket prices here - http://crossingdartford.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/value-for-money-or-charging-too-much.html?m=1
    shows how spoilt we are !
  • I was certainly going to Ipswich, but not at £80 for the two of us....the other prices mean that almost any away excursion is going to have to be a saved up for treat, a bit shocked at the prices overall to be honest as I am currently looking for employment from September.
  • I was certainly going to Ipswich, but not at £80 for the two of us....the other prices mean that almost any away excursion is going to have to be a saved up for treat, a bit shocked at the prices overall to be honest as I am currently looking for employment from September.
    I just can't imagine they'll charge us £39, surely that was only for the Norwich game last year and maybe Leeds. The fact that our away numbers will be fairly low compared to many other teams in the division hopefully means we'll be at the lower end of teams pricing structure.
  • Rumours that Cat A at Leeds next season are £42.50!

The £39 ticket is the extra section of the away allocation, it's £31 normally.
  • Said on a couple of the threads towards the end of last season that away ticket prices would be a nasty surprise for a few people when they were released.

• Sorry maybe that was 1200 in the lower tier....Sparrow could confirm this.
    Think the away end holds about 3600, about what you said, 2200 in the upper, 1400 lower, something like that.

Think only Arsenal/Chelsea have sold it out.

• We may have not filled the entire end at the 4-0 defeat, but we definately sold all the tickets that were allocated to us...thanks for clearing that up.
  • no one will ever sell out the away end again at senegal fields cos they can't trust the incredibly high number of helmets that support them , so segregation will never allow that to happen
  • We may have not filled the entire end at the 4-0 defeat, but we definately sold all the tickets that were allocated to us...thanks for clearing that up.
    I thought you asked for an intitial allocation then once the club realised you could sell more you requested a further 800?
  • no one will ever sell out the away end again at senegal fields cos they can't trust the incredibly high number of helmets that support them , so segregation will never allow that to happen
    You'd think that, but west ham had most of the lower & whilst they trampled on the netting & made a token effort to climb a 3 ft wall, no Millwall went on the pitch. Times have changed & doing bird for a bit of arm waving and aggressive forward movements inside the stadium ain't worth it.