Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lifers' quotes from seasons past

Will you come clean? Do you stand by what you said or cringe?

1) ..."but still I wait for that lovely day when someone has the courage to start up an Aylesbury branch.".....

2)...."Subsidising an oasis of good values in what many see as a desert of kick-and rush, power play, win-at-all-costs football is all very well, but it seems to make sense that the club's main interest should be to continue to produce players with the ability to be winners in the first team.".......

3)..."Why is Peter Garland being overlooked? He should have at least been on the bench recently, and in my opinion in the team instead of Alan "sideways" Pardew.".....

I believe all 3 of the people quoted above are Charlton Life posters!

Comments

• LenGlover
    May 2011
    We should have tried to get him as Curbs' successor.

Not hindsight I (and Latimer if I remember rightly) said so at the time.

And the manager was......?

Still think to this day he would have been good for us
  • LenGlover
    May 2011
    We should have tried to get him as Curbs' successor.

Not hindsight I (and Latimer if I remember rightly) said so at the time.

And the manager was......?

Still think to this day he would have been good for us
    I certainly stand by that one!
  • Stig; "Oh no, not another thick as pig shit nazi" (About me!) Ffs

: /

That was a brilliant quote. Every time I encounter poor driving I use that term now.
    Yeah, classic.....
  • Valiantphil
    October 2010 in General Charlton Quote

The next time we get 18000+ for a league game...........

Murray won't be Chairman and Parky won't be manager.

End of.
  • Someone's bored.
  • Sheff Utd will come good :-)
  • Djimi Traore to win POTY 06/07
  • Can't resist this one in relation to one A Faye esq

"We've seen for three games now, what do you think ?

I'm quitely impressed what i've seen so far. Does the simple things well by and large, and gives us a presence in the middle of the park. Thought he dealt well with the change to centre half, though as soon as Campo played that ball you knew it was going to be a penalty. Other than that, think h'es doing the job we wanted him to do.

views ?"

Who said it I wonder?!
  • edited June 2012
    Me ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Me ?
    Indeed!

make him right.........

make him right.........

Don't talk to me you let down!

; )
  • Overheard on the terrace at Selhurst, said in complete frustration - "take (Andy) Jones off, and don't bring anyone else on " . All time funny/comic moment at a football match - April 89, Partick Thistle V Queen of the South (I was living in Glasgow), Queens finished the season on 10 points winning their last game of the season on New Years Eve then not winning again for the rest of the season, bottom of the table by miles, hardly anyone in the away end, either a 3 or 4 nil defeat in this game, after the last goal went in a lone voice is heard which clearly couldn't take anymore of the appalling display in front of him and the appalling season in general and shouts - "Queens are just a pot pourri of abomination"

make him right.........

; )
    It was Ross that shit out mate and you know he would of got the hump if I had gone without him rather than postponing it

• Who said this?

'Orient -Lisbie, Mooney and Spring all highly motivated to stick it up the Charlton fans L

Oldham- Still not out of the relegation woods but hopefully we will get a point D

Walsall- Highly motivated fighting for their lives. Our fans will get frustrated and turn on our own. L

Carlisle- Highly motivated battling for that last play-off place L

Wycombe- See Walsall L

Preston - A point hopefully D

Hartlepool - Nothing to play for so we step up to the plate W

87 points will it prove enough for automatic?'
  • Dunno. Could be any one of a number of fatalist miserables. Hope they are enjoying the break though and come back refreshed and a bit more positive in their outlook B-)
  • edited June 2012
    Haha Rothko ......I know who you're quoting - don't I, Len?

;o)
  • Regarding the Faye quote....He was actually pretty good at the beginning of the season 06/07.
  • Haha Rothko ......I know who you're quoting - don't I, Len?

;o)
    Oh!

Petards and hoisting come to mind.

In mitigation I think I also said that I'd love to be proved wrong elsewhere on the thread if not within the actual comment.

• Sponsored links:

make him right.........

; )

It was Ross that shit out mate and you know he would of got the hump if I had gone without him rather than postponing it

La la la la laaa *pokes fingers in me ears* la la la laaaaa..........ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzz........

; )
  • august 2008 in our seasons prediction thread.
    "what position will charlton finish - 24th"