Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Romania Addick - Pleased to be on-board!

Hi Everyone, I'm Garth, living/working in Bucharest. Been an Addicks supporter for a good many years now ... none better than 11/12, that's for sure!! Roll on next season's CCC action...tops, can't wait!! Cheers, best to all Charlton Lifers!!!!

Comments

• welcome mate stick around
  • Welcome Garth.

How did you end up in Romania, and what are you doing out there work wise ?
  • Gypsy?

;-)
  • edited June 2012
    Welcome. Bet it was a Romanian woman... phwoaar! There's a few here in Bermuda that turn heads lol
  • Welcome Pal. If you come across the fecker in Bucharest that cloned my credit card a couple of years back whilst I was there, give him a slap for us ! ;-)
  • Welcome matey....Up the Addicks!
  • edited June 2012
    Welcome Garth.

Bucharest worth a visit? Or did Ceacescu and his cronies manage to replace all the culture with tower blocks and ministeries of this and that?

What's the local footie like?
  • Welcome.
  • Welcome Garth.

Bucharest worth a visit? Or did Ceacescu and his cronies manage to replace all the culture with tower blocks and ministeries of this and that?

What's the local footie like?
    I loved Bucharest! I stayed in the north of the city opposite a local market had no trouble at all from locals. The national stadium was ok worth a visit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hi Garth

I'm in Bucharest at least once a month and have a growing business in Rom. pm if you want to meet up.
  • edited June 2012
    Welcome. Bet it was a Romanian woman... phwoaar! There's a few here in Bermuda that turn heads lol
    Really? I have never noticed :-)

• Welcome. Bet it was a Romanian women... phwoaar! There's a few here in Bermuda that turn heads lol
    Really? I have never noticed :-)

Indeed, He obviously hasn't been to Woolwich lately.
  • Good to see all the old preconceptions being aired. Romania= thieves, easy women, gypsies( who are a mixture of the previous two categories) and Dracula. Actually Romania is a very safe place to visit and the crime rate is a lot lower than in this country. I have visited the country a number of times and have had no problems other than being stopped, quite rightly, for speeding. Even then the Police were amazingly polite and saluted me after dishing out an on the spot fine. I have just come back ( got home 2 hours ago ) from a visit to Zalau and Cluj in the North East of the country. Cluj is currently hosting an international film festival and of a night the streets of this very attractive city are packed with loads of people having a good drink and a good time without feeling the need to start a fight. Most people who work in bars, cafes and hotels give the impression they are happy to serve and are anxious that you have a good impression of Romania.

• Good to see all the old preconceptions being aired. Romania= thieves, easy women, gypsies( who are a mixture of the previous two categories) and Dracula. Actually Romania is a very safe place to visit and the crime rate is a lot lower than in this country. I have visited the country a number of times and have had no problems other than being stopped, quite rightly, for speeding. Even then the Police were amazingly polite and saluted me after dishing out an on the spot fine. I have just come back ( got home 2 hours ago ) from a visit to Zalau and Cluj in the North East of the country. Cluj is currently hosting an international film festival and of a night the streets of this very attractive city are packed with loads of people having a good drink and a good time without feeling the need to start a fight. Most people who work in bars, cafes and hotels give the impression they are happy to serve and are anxious that you have a good impression of Romania.

Yes, but seriously my card was cloned last time I was there.
  • Yes and it was mentioned that the women were good looking not easy!!

Always one.

Anyway welcome,

• Brendan,

I'm sorry to hear that and I never doubted it for a second. My point was that Romania does get an unfair stereotyped press/image. Obviously there is crime in Romania and Bucherest is probably the worst part for crime but overall the country is as safe if not safer than Britain.
  • Beggars belief.
  • edited June 2012
    well said Mametz.
  • Sponsored links:

Don't worry mate, normally the people who have these preconceptions don't actually have a clue about the country or place as they havent been their.
  • Mametz, thanks for your kind words, I agree it could have happened anywhere. The credit card company covered the loss anyway so it wasn't a problem. Bucharest is a very nice place and has many beautiful sights including (dare I say it) the woman.
  • Brendan, I am sure that my daughter will accept being called beautiful!

I am amazed by how much many Romanian people know about English football. Quite often they will know who has played for Charlton and their knowledge extends beyond the usual champions league suspects. On my last visit I tried to get a Charlton shirt to give to one of my contacts' three year old son with his name on the back but the club shop had run out. I will definitely take one next time. I want to "Andrews Air Conditioning" advertised on the streets of Zalau.