Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The new stand at Wolves....

Anyone seen pictures of the (now completed) new stand behind the goal at Molineux? It just doesn't seem to fit with what is already there......anyone know if there was a reason why it was designed that way?

Comments

• edited May 2012
    Yes I do!

It was part of a larger redevelopment where the Steve Bull stand would be demolished and built in a similar fashion. They decided against it so are left with a messy stand.

Also the away fans will still be in the Steve Bull lower tier next season, not the new Jack Harris stand as previously planned, probably due to the shocking view!
  • Yes I do!

It was part of a larger redevelopment where the Steve Bull stand would be demolished and built in a similar fashion. They decided against it so are left with a messy stand.

Also the away fans will still be in the Steve Bull lower tier next season, not the new Jack Harris stand as previously planned, probably due to the shocking view!
    That's not seriously the view from a seat surely???
  • Restricted view innit.
  • So they pulled down a perfectly good stand that was only about 15 years old to put in a new stand where some seats can only see one of the goals.....haha how odd!
  • Steve Bull lower? As in the stand alongside the pitch? Where I sat right at the front and couldn't get any depth perception, or see the other side of the pitch for the whole 90 mins?

Great....
  • hard to get a good atmo going in that stand too
  • hard to get a good atmo going in that stand too
    Great position for away fans.
  • Unless my memory is failing me, I'm sure we were behind the other goal for the "was it really with the wait" game last time, due to our low numbers.
    Sure they had the lesser supported teams in there last year too, so we may be okay and get to avoid the dreaded Steve Bull Lower tier.
  • bit different to the last time I was at Molineux.

It was the Kevin Muscat 'tackle' game
  • So they pulled down a perfectly good stand that was only about 15 years old to put in a new stand where some seats can only see one of the goals.....haha how odd!
    relegation wasn't in the business plan when they started the building work!
  • Sponsored links:

• along the side when we got beat 2-0 in the Championship, terrible performance
  • Surely not!
  • It does dwarf the rest of the ground:

• Did they really need a bigger ground? It didn't seem like a place that was always selling out?
  • edited May 2012
    Jeez, that wont win any awards for design will it, a ludicrous looking thing, why is it a different colour to the rest of the ground? Just looks odd, weren't we along the side for a midweek 1-1 draw in the last Championship promotion season? I remember standing behind a goal there in the early 80's as well, I do like the Banks Mild and grey peas & bacon you get outside so will definately go next season, ugly looking ground from that photo now though....
  • What the stadium should look like when they finish the lot
  • this is what it is meant to look like once finished, but obviously now down who knows wen therl start building the rest, image always been a wierd stadium tho
  • People say its ugly and out of place but obviously they're doing the other sides and they can't do them all at once, i'll pass judgement once it's all completed.
  • People say its ugly and out of place but obviously they're doing the other sides and they can't do them all at once, i'll pass judgement once it's all completed.
    If it gets completed...
    Already improves the Wolverhampton skyline
  • Sponsored links:

• The proposed stand at Villa Park (unlikely to be built) looks a lot better.

• after 3... "Your grounds to big for you..." will be nice to dish it out after we had that sung to us a few times last season.
  • It does dwarf the rest of the ground:

Looks like the Holmsdale
  • The proposed stand at Villa Park (unlikely to be built) looks a lot better.

Looks good. What would that make the capacity?

• What The Valley would look like if we made it bigger:

• I know this sounds negative, but with the escalating price of football, combined with the predictability of results (season on season) are any of these clubs going to be able to sell out these stadia in the long term?

Even Liverpool have had empty seats in recent seasons. I say 'Even' as they are historically a massive club but no real challenge at the top and they can't even sell out 45,000.

If football is going to continue to be priced as a past time of wealthy middle classes in the end I can't see teams finishing 8th or below getting the kind of crowds that they have been getting in recent years.
  • The bubble is going to burst soon, thank god!
    people probably say the same thing about the JS stand!

• edited May 2012
    People say its ugly and out of place but obviously they're doing the other sides and they can't do them all at once, i'll pass judgement once it's all completed.
    J Block, this is no place for considered balanced thought, its a forum for reactionary ranting like mine, long may it continue...