Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Random question if anyone can help

Right, my little boy has become obbsessed with star wars, thankfully the original ones not the new shite versions. he spends all day running around being luke skywalker. I have been trying to track down some original toys for him but not having much luck. Its either 200 quid for a boxed mint millenium falcon or lego ones which he is to small for. If anyone has any old star wars toys they want to get rid of can you give me a shout of course i will pay whatever you want for them, i used to have loads of it as a kid but sold it all at a bootsale when i was 15. Or if anyone knows any good websites where you can pick up things at a decent price that would be great. Im at my desk today shatterd after spending the weekend running around shorne nature park pretending to be a chewbacca as adam jnr led the rebel alliance into battle alongside the ewoks.. God i cant wait for the football season to start again.. ;-)

UTA.

Adam

Comments

• I still have all my original ones, unfortunately I'm saving them for my own little ones :)

The only problem with mine is they all have white tipexed feet as my parents didnt want to get mine confused with my next door neighbours!!
  • Believe it or not there is a star wars replica shop...the only problem is its in Northolt on the target roundabout.
  • Know not of toys cheap do I
  • I still have all my original ones, unfortunately I'm saving them for my own little ones :)

The only problem with mine is they all have white tipexed feet as my parents didnt want to get mine confused with my next door neighbours!!
    Next door neighbour a bit of a tea-leaf?
  • My brother has quite a few which we sell on ebay from time to time. He acquired a few boxes full of stuff in a house clearance a few years ago. We tend to sell in batches every few months - don't want to flood the market and bring the price down!!! I'll ask him to have a look what's left in the boxes for you. Are there any characters in particular?
  • http://www.amazon.co.uk/Star-Wars-Vintage-Collection-Skywalker/dp/B003VPX814/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1337596320&sr=8-15

This and many others on Amazon....................
    Christ! £10 a pop!! Granted, it's much better quality than the original version but even so...

• he has a few of my old ones which survived some how completly random ones like admral akba and the bloke who cries when luke kills the rancor, but to get a set of the main characters (luke,darth,hann, lelia, chewwy) would be great, also an ewok or too.
  • I think I'd be tempted to buy the new toys. They are a lot cheaper, and places like Toys R Us have special deals on them from time to time. The original 70s toys are worth a fortune now and you can't really expect someone to sell them cheap with that beong the case.

eBay often have worn or damages examples on there. I think I bought a Millennium falcon for my son for about £13 a year or so ago. It is in great condition. You just have to be patient and keep looking.
  • cheers kings and wilma, i wasnt after mint collectables just if anyone had any they were gona chuck or flog at a bootsale thats all.
  • Sponsored links:

• kings, just seen someone selling some bits on ebay for 30quid will have a bid and see how i get on.
  • The problem with car boot sales is that there are dealers stalls and the dealers from those walk around before the boot sale opens buying cheap Star Wars, Subbuteo Scalextric etc... then sell them for a big mark up. Finding those things cheap now is pretty hard!
  • Know not of toys cheap do I
    :)

• cheers kings and wilma, i wasnt after mint collectables just if anyone had any they were gona chuck or flog at a bootsale thats all.
    Will make my brother climb up in the loft this week to see what's there and send you an update. He doesn't ask extortionate prices as he got them for zilch!

• thanks Wilma!
  • Mine were well-played with, but even my kids won't be touching them. I'd lose my mind if Luke's arm got snapped off.

Kings Hill is right - you will struggle to find the 70s/ 80s stuff in good nick. The boxed stuff is highly priced, but you will find decent value at the right sale. There are toy fairs that will inevitably have stalls with lots of SW toys, from 50p up to £500 - I did a quick search and found one in the Peak District over Bank Holiday weekend... Depends how far you are willing to go!!
  • Christ almighty you lot need to grow up.

Only joking, I love a bit of Star Wars me but never had any as a kid. Good luck finding those bargains!