Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jason Puncheon linked

edited April 2012 in Rumours
From todays Sun:

Chris Powell will make a second attempt tovsign Jason Puncheon for 400k this summer.

The Charlton boss tried to bag the Saints winger, 25, in January.

Comments

• Wouldn't surprise me , but it would mean the Wordsworth rumour would be wide of the mark and that Lee Cook won't be coming here.

It would also piss off the Spanners because they would love him back but cannot afford the fee or wages.
  • Has had a few clubs and known to speak his mind but would be a good signing imo always liked him. Naturally left footed I believe can play either side wide midfield or behind the striker and can take a mean free kick.
  • Would be a good bit of business that. Still fairly young and very good Championship/lower Prem player.

Probably complete rubbish of course...
  • Nearly had him a few years back. Kinsella said he was driving to the training ground to sign when one of the many proposed takeovers scuppered the deal. Ce la vie.

We'll be linked with a lot of players this summer. We might even sign a few.
  • Yes please
  • one of my work mates drinks with his old man over in Norwood. Might plug him for info
  • Attitude problem? Not sure but a good player
  • Is that not the exact same rumour that was put in the football rumours website a few days ago ?
  • 25 years old and despite being a very good player has ad seven league clubs , stinks of an attitude problem
  • Interesting ... would be a good addition and I reckon Chris can handle any attitude issues
  • Sponsored links:

• Could definitely do a job for us at a higher level but I think it's one of several rumours that we'll be hearing between now and the start of next season.
  • Is that not the exact same rumour that was put in the football rumours website a few days ago ?
    Yep. Lazy journo ?

• And who is his best pal in football.......none other than Nicky Bailey.
  • Speaking of which, Mrs Bailey was spouting on twitter the other claiming cafc fans are 'mugs'
  • Speaking of which, Mrs Bailey was spouting on twitter the other claiming cafc fans are 'mugs'
    Did she say why?
  • Cos we have those amongst us who'd bid 40 quid on a Yann mug perchance?
  • And who is his best pal in football.......none other than Nicky Bailey.
    They played together at Barnet ,a recent poll of Bees fans rated Puncheon as their best ever player.
  • I think if Puncheon settled down he could be a class winger, even did some good stuff for Blackpool in the prem. Would love him as a different option down the left, and would complete our wingers for me. I think Green and Jackson could be good in the champ, and Puncheon off the bench, sounds excellent. Think this could have some truth

she'll have nothing to complain about if she gets abuse next season then

• Puncheon is too small.We will need some big uns all over the team for the start of next season
  • Sponsored links:

• Puncheon is too small.
    Puncheon above his weight, then.

You didn't read this here first.

• Saw him playing for Barnet against Shrewsbury a while back,looked very good,is a bit on the small side but takes a decent free kick.
  • Would be a cracking signing
  • Fact - Phil Parkinson tried to sign Puncheon but was rejected by our board as due diligence was set in place.
  • Saw him playing for Barnet against Shrewsbury a while back,looked very good,is a bit on the small side but takes a decent free kick.
    Uh-oh.
  • He'll love it down the Valley....

Jason once said, “I’m from Croydon so to play for Millwall is a massive thing for me. It’s a South London boy’s dream.

“Millwall fans are the best. I’ve never played in an atmosphere like that."

• Wordsworth tends to play more as a central midfielder doesn't he? Both of these rumours could be true

I'm just being greedy though

;-)
  • Atmosphere at Millwall ?YOU HAVING A LAUGH ;-))))
  • To be fair he only had Barnet to compare it to.
  • If he's from Croydon surely the pinnacle of his career would be to play for Palace.