Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Train disruption on Easter Monday -Walsall match.

edited March 2012 in Match Day Travel
Engineering work! Buses replacing trains between Dartford and Plumstead apparently.

Comments

• edited April 2012
    Don't they ever check public events and fixture lists, before they mess around with their train set?
  • Engineering work on South West adding at least 30mins to a lot of services into Waterloo too
  • Don't they ever check public events and fixture lists, before they mess around with their train set?
    Well, they probably noticed it was a public holiday and figured the lack of rush hours at either end of the day was more significant . . .
  • Don't they ever check public events and fixture lists, before they mess around with their train set?
    Well, they probably noticed it was a public holiday and figured the lack of rush hours at either end of the day was more significant . . .
    And to be fair, they've got a point - as frustrating as that may be.
  • edited April 2012
    i know that to get from dartford to charlton i am going to have to go into london bridge and out again
  • i know that to get from dartford to charlton i am going to have to go into london bridge and out again
    Or just Blackheath?
  • edited April 2012
    i know that to get from dartford to charlton i am going to have to go into london bridge and out again
    Or just Blackheath?
    Good call Airman they should put you in charge of the trains as well as the coaches.
  • i know that to get from dartford to charlton i am going to have to go into london bridge and out again
    Oh behave - of course you aren't!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2012
    i honestly can't find an easier way without faffing about using and changing buses haha, so any help would be greatly appreciated!
  • and road issues in Woolwich

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/1169830#Comment_1169830
    Walsall's the 7th. You say the road closures are 15th-29th ?
  • edited April 2012
    and road issues in Woolwich

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/1169830#Comment_1169830
    Walsall's the 7th. You say the road closures are 15th-29th ?
    i think that oldham away is the 7th and walsall home is the 9th?

• i honestly can't find an easier way without faffing about using and changing buses haha, so any help would be greatly appreciated!
    The TFL website is your friend.
  • i honestly can't find an easier way without faffing about using and changing buses haha, so any help would be greatly appreciated!
    yeah haha it suggests either using about 3 buses and a train or going into london bridge and out again
    yeah haha it suggests either using about 3 buses and a train or going into london bridge and out again
    Or go to Lewisham then across?
  • Go to Blackheath. One bus from there will take 10 minutes.
    cheers, from lewisham would i get the dlr to greenwich and then a train to charlton?
    cheers, from lewisham would i get the dlr to greenwich and then a train to charlton?
    You could yes
    You could yes
    thanks, that should be a lot quicker!
  • Sponsored links:

• I think the 380 runs from lewisham to charlton.
  • I think the 380 runs from lewisham to charlton.
    It does
  • Dartford to Blackheath by train. Blackheath to Charlton by train or bus.
  • There are no trains from Blackheath direct to Charlton anymore.
  • There are no trains from Blackheath direct to Charlton anymore.
    What, never?

Has the tunnel collapsed or something?
  • 12:59 from Blackheath goes direct to Charlton.
  • edited April 2012
    This should be the domain of Crusty54 who seems to be the 'Sally traffic' of Charlton Life (smiley face) however it would appear that there are engineering works over the Easter weekend as there is a normal service on Thursday 5th and Tuesday 10th April according to TFL Journey Planner.
  • This should be the domain of Crusty54 who seems to be the 'Sally traffic' of Charlton Life (smiley face) however it would appear that there are engineering works over the Easter weekend as there is a normal service on Thursday 5th and Tuesday 10th April according to TFL Journey Planner.
    1259 is the last direct train from Blackheath to Charlton on Monday. DLR from Lewisham to Greenwich is possible and trains every 15 minutes from Greenwich to Charlton.

Make sure your ticket is valid on DLR or you risk £80 penalty fare (best use Oyster)

• This should be the domain of Crusty54 who seems to be the 'Sally traffic' of Charlton Life (smiley face) however it would appear that there are engineering works over the Easter weekend as there is a normal service on Thursday 5th and Tuesday 10th April according to TFL Journey Planner.
    1259 is the last direct train from Blackheath to Charlton on Monday. DLR from Lewisham to Greenwich is possible and trains every 15 minutes from Greenwich to Charlton.

Make sure your ticket is valid on DLR or you risk £80 penalty fare (best use Oyster)

Tickets will be valid on DLR as its "any permitted" route, meaning its a reasonable route

Tickets will be valid on DLR as its "any permitted" route, meaning its a reasonable route
    The DLR is not part of the National Rail network and "any permitted" route does not always apply