Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Points Potential

Don't wish to be greedy, but does anyone think we could reach the magical 100 points mark? COYR

Comments

• Options
    There are 12 games to play, so if we get the two points per game average - and we have exceeded that so far - then we will end up with 102 points.
  • Options
    No, because once promotion is achieved, we will ease off. Things have not changed that much... ;-)
  • Options
    If me maintain our points per game average we will be on 105. Taking into account 7 games at home from 12 and only huddersfield away against the top 5 we could break Readings 106 points record
  • Options
    Tend to agree with Algarve. We will I think tail off once promotion is achieved.
  • Options
    No, because once promotion is achieved, we will ease off. Things have not changed that much... ;-)

nope SCP wont be happy until we have decimated this league and the name Charlton Athletic is spoken about as the team with the highest points total gained in the 3rd division , i reckon we will go on a 10 game winning streak

• Options
    I'll be happy if we just leave the tailing-off until after promotion is achieved
  • Options
    I think that once we are assured of promotion some of the fringe players and youngsters will be given a run of games.
    So just short of 100 seems more likely to me.
  • Options
    I'm with NLA. This year we dont seem to ease off. How many games have we won or drawn with goals in extra time? Another year we may have settled for the draw when it comes to extra time, but this year we just keep on till the end, and I think we will keep on trying to win until we have played the 46 games.
  • Options
    @ ... We are pissin the league as the away boys sing...
  • Options
    I think we will tail off, the "squad" players will get to play, to see what they can do.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They'll be no tailing off
  • Options
    I think we'll do it personally. Powell is addament we have to try and get 3 points from every game. To expect less this year from the team or the fans would be a let down.
  • Options
    I think that SCP will play some of the squad one we get the title . Can't see him staying too loyal just to get a certain points total although I'm sure come the last game of the season when the trophy us handed over he will play THE side .
  • Options
    Once in a lifetime opprrtunity. There arent many clubs that can boast 100 plus points in a season. Three goals between now and 5th May 1 PROMOTION 2 TITLE 3 SMASH 100 POINTS.
  • Options
    Agree that once we have promotion I expect some of the squad and youth players to get games (as Harriot did last season). That's the right thing to do and so SCP will do it. I don't think it will necessarily mean we drop points though.
  • Options
    SCP definitely isn't the kind of character to allow 'tailing off'. He'll want a performance from every game, but i'm sure he will tactically experiment here and there. I reckon we'll reach 100, but just fall shy of Reading.
  • Options
    Anything less than 110 I will have the hump with.
    It anoys me that we've lost 2 games, both we should have got something from.
    Tinpot league WE are massive.
  • Options
    ITV's End of Season Run-in Table projects 104.4 points! Interestingly at this point we are still the only team that can't be relegated! Lowest possible finish 15; everyone else 24!!

http://itv.stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D2/runin.html
  • Options
    Ok maybe we won't quite do it. Not too dissapointed about tonights result. But we have plenty of 'nearly' goals against us. Tonight just goes to show if one of those goes in it's not quite so easy for us.
  • Options
    Funny how quickly things can change! 103 points here we come