Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chris Kamara

Just wondered peoples views of Chris Kamaras shirts on goals on sunday. I think there quality

http://www.balls.ie/2012/01/22/chris-kamaras-shirt-on-goals-on-sunday-can-make-you-go-blind/

Comments

• Don't like the bloke . He never ever mentions us in his newspaper column.
  • Unbelievable!

Met him at Cheltenham once, smashing bloke.
  • Love Kamara, massively entertaining and seems genuinely likable
  • edited January 2012
    i met him in japan, we had a little chat about charlton. really nice guy.
  • edited January 2012
    Top Bloke.

(& Kammys alright too.......)
  • Didnt he head but Jim Melrose back in the 80's . Or was it a crazy dream ?
  • Carlsberg and Carter gave him a lift from The Valley once after a Sky game.
  • @Bedaddick

Yes, that's right. Melrose was playing for Shrewsbury and Kamara for Swindon.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2951945/Chris-Kamara-reveals-his-race-hate-hell.html

I thought at the time it was reported that there was a racial element to it, but reading this it is not really clear if that was the case.
  • Kammy is a god in my eyes been to a few things where Kammy has done some talking and was fortunate enough to be with the company as a guest that was paying for it and spent a good few hours having a beer after and he is exactly what you see on the box

Top top man
  • Must have been grim for Kamara, Batson, Cunningham, Berry etc in the 70s and 80s. I remember bananas being chucked at plenty of black players when i was a kid (being a nipper they usually came sailing past my head as I was down the front) Shame he was such a c*** of a player really.
  • Sponsored links:

• I too met him once - smashing fella
  • @Leroy Ambrose

I remember some Charlton fans on the Half Hour Waite terrace singing "Who's that up a tree? Garthie Crooks, Garthie Crooks" when Crooks made one of his early appearances for us, I think it was against Chelsea in a 0-0 draw.

I remember opposition black players often getting abused at Selhurst Park (you can even hear it on the infamous Finches Video Sports VHS tapes in some games) but it seemed to have died out once we got to Upton Park and I don't think I ever heard any racist comments/chanting at all at The Valley post-1992, although others clearly have.
  • Bedsaddick January 23
    Didnt he head but Jim Melrose back in the 80's . Or was it a crazy dream ?

Have you ever met Melrose? I've met both and thought Kamara was a top fella..
  • Got his autobiography, its a great read and i highly recommend it!
  • Spent two weeks on holiday in Majorca with Chris at the same place. Super bloke, very friendly and a good laugh.
  • I can't believe he had a game out on the Playstation! Chris Kamara's Street Soccer I think it was...
  • Please correct me if I am wrong,but did not the cuddly,lovable Kris once serve a lengthy ban for punching Jim Melrose and breaking his jaw.
  • Just wondered peoples views of Chris Kamaras shirts on goals on sunday. I think there quality http://www.balls.ie/2012/01/22/chris-kamaras-shirt-on-goals-on-sunday-can-make-you-go-blind/
    “They’re” 👍🏻
  • Sponsored links:

• Curb_It said:
    That poster hasn’t posted since 2015 so I’m not sure he will see your grammar correction.
    😆
  • Glad to see the back of him actually . Should have done time for GBH on JM back in the day. 
    Just because Melrose played for Charlton it doesn’t mean he didn’t say something that didn’t deserve a punch. Not advocating violence but sometimes you get what you deserve. 
  • My mates wife has a Chris Kamara phobia! I'm not joking, every time he used to pop up on tele she'd freak out. Couldn't look at him. They met him at the world Cup in Germany I think and my mate forced her to have a picture with him, she didn't look happy, but kammy was happy to pose lol. For Xmas he bought her a copy of Chris' Xmas album,  yes ,he made an Xmas album! It's all very strange!
  • Always found him entertaining, even when he did not mean to be. Certainly livened up Sport on Saturday and Sunday when he hosted Goals on Sunday with Ben Shepherd
  • edited May 2022
    He was a great personality but really wasn't very good at his job. Which is supposed to be describing the football and analysing it. 

Something that is rife throughout soccer saturday.