Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Problem posting

I keep getting this message:

Body is 983 characters too long.

Is there a limit to how big a post can be or something?

Comments

• yes, in football the post is 8ft, the crossbar is however 24ft so try one of those instead.

Hope this helps. ;-)
  • Yes there is a character limit, and I find it normally impacts more when either adding pics or copying and pasting from other places. Best advice would be to cut your post into two, opening post with a tbc then the rest as a reply
  • Or just cut down on the waffle and get to the point!

;-)

• Or just cut down on the waffle and get to the point!

;-)

lol
  • Try pasting your text via the text clipboard (third button from the right, above).  That method is usually a bit more forgiving.
  • Annoying for the countdown thread ;-)
  • Please tell me what is happening

I have tried to comment on numerous threads and get blocked
  • I have the same problem CV nothing in my post is offensive don't understand it but it's bloody annoying!!!!!
  • Need more info than that. Browser name and version, Operating System etc.

First start by clearing your browser cache and cookies, then trying it again.

Hope that helps.
  • Every thread I attempt to post on has been closed!
  • Sponsored links:

• Every thread I attempt to post on has been closed!

Can't you take a hint :-)
  • every time i go on a thread i've already read , it takes me to the beginning of the thread rather than to as far as i've read....only just started happening
  • im having same problem 
  • Same here
  • There is Definately a problem. Every thread starts at the beginning.
  • Just started happening today?

Hard refresh your browser page so the it loads all elements direct from the server... off hand, I only know how to do this on a Mac (hold option as you refresh the page). 
  • Yup just started
  • Issues still occurring?
  • Sponsored links:

• Still sending me to the beginning of every thread I open
    I'm on my bb now earlier it was on laptop
  • Sending me back to the start of every thread on my iPhone.
    Also getting a comment saying " You can use Simple HTML in your post." Never had this before.
  • I'm not getting this problem on my iPhone, just in case that's of any help.
  • However, it is happening on my iPad.
    Ditto

• Actually, yesterday I tried several times to message someone from my iPad and each time I was bonked !
    i, i, i ..... its all about you ;-)
  • Actually, yesterday I tried several times to message someone from my iPad and each time I was bonked !
    Lucky you!
  • I am also being placed at the start of every thread, annoying if you haven't looked at something for a couple of days!