Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

SEVEN HUNDRED and 56 Hoax 999 calls over Christmas Weekend

From one woman???

From the BBC

A teenager from
Cambridgeshire has been warned she faces a possible jail term after
making 756 silent 999 calls over the Christmas weekend.

Kerry Ann Moate, 18, of Samuel Jones Crescent, Little Paxton, was arrested at home after police traced her phone.

Comments

• Care in the community....
  • giver her a toy phone to play with and send her off to get treatment at a secure location
  • I read the article as well, that woman is clearly mad as a hatter...throwing her in the slammer won't solve anything.
  • Sounds like she needs help more than punishment is my initial thought. I will wait till the facts emerge before condemning her.
  • Sounds like she needs help more than punishment is my initial thought. I will wait till the facts emerge before condemning her.
    Who's condemning her?  She's clearly got issues.
  • I read the article as well, that woman is clearly mad as a hatter...throwing her in the slammer won't solve anything.
    We have a brother and sister team in Woolwich who are just as bad. They have both been locked up many times, and as you say, it doesn't help. They just tend to make up for it when they are released!
    I am! What facts do you need? 700 calls How many have you made this month/year/since birth? How many does the normal person make in a life time? Maybe 5?
    Are you for real? the facts are on the article

The facts in the article are certainly condemning but it doesn't mean that those are the only facts pertinent to this.
  • Sponsored links:

The facts in the article are certainly condemning but it doesn't mean that those are the only facts pertinent to this.
    Even if she does have mental gealth problems what she has done is outrageous and imo should be punished either way
    Even if she does have mental gealth problems what she has done is outrageous and imo should be punished either way

Yep throw her in jail because that'll teach her.

Perhaps a psychiatric assessment and an appropraite course of treatment would be a wiser way to spend money.

The prisons are full and we have enough nasty vermin walking the streets who should be spending time at her majestys pleasure. This girl is clearly not completely responsible for her actions and as BFR says a medical report followed by appropriate action seems a better way of stopping her actions. If she is just another piece of the vile criminal culture we have then by all means punish her.
  • Is this women this week's Would Ya?
  • Is this women this week's Would Ya?

It's a no from me. ;0)

Perhaps a psychiatric assessment and an appropraite course of treatment would be a wiser way to spend money.

Who said throw her in jail?

The article suggests that she could face prison.

So what other form of 'punishment' would you consider appropriate for someone who is quite clearly not the full ticket?
  • The poor woman. Some mental health issues that need resolving if she is able to have a funcyioning adult life. This fella http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-16327800 on the other hand can do 1000 hours of community service in the cold.
  • At least if she's inside she wont be able to make hoax calls any time she likes.

Or else we could just put up with her constantly draining valuable resources. 
  • Sponsored links:

Who's condemning her?  She's clearly got issues.
    Yeah, it's a call for help.
  • 756 calls for help
  • Suspended sentence. History of similar offences.
    Thats OK then. Grudge against the police.
    "Today's sentence sends out a clear message about the severity of this offence.

Good grief, it sure does.

From the BBC
    A teenager with a grudge against police has been handed a suspended jail term for making hundreds of hoax 999 calls between Christmas Day and Boxing Day. The court heard Moate had a long-standing grudge against police and a history of similar offences.

Police had classed finding Moate as "critical" because her actions were putting the public in danger.

Kevin Warboys, for the defence, said: "She was in a very low mood and Christmas is always a difficult time for her for historical reasons.

"She also had long-term frustrations with the police."
    'Extremely disruptive'

He described her as an "isolated individual" who only had "one friend in the world".

She was on benefits and considered herself unemployable, he added.

Detective Superintendent Paul Fullwood said: "The sheer volume of malicious calls was extremely disruptive to the force at a time of year that is always busy for police.

"Today's sentence sends out a clear message about the severity of this offence.
  • Sounds as though she needs an ambulance, what's the number?

So what other form of 'punishment' would you consider appropriate for someone who is quite clearly not the full ticket?
    A season with the Selhurst ultras should do the trick.
  • Robbo said: A season with the Selhurst ultras should do the trick.
    Sorry Robbo. 'Cruel and unusual punishments' are against the European Convention of Human Rights. :-)
  • Sounds as though she needs an ambulance, what's the number?
    Reminds me of The Simpsons

Homer: Operator? Get me the number for 911.