Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Neil Lennon

edited June 2007 in Rumours
Worth a punt ?

We desperately need to fill that centre mid role, we need to bring some experienced heads in, and we need to bring in some strong characters. He fits that bill doesn't he ?

35-yr old, has certainly got a year in the Championship left in him.

Comments

• Would not dis-agree, how much do Celtic pay a week though relative to us now?
  • Steve Lomas is also available .......

Dunno whether Lennon is what we need. Don't ever remember Lennon being a tough tackling feisty character. Would rather bring in Routledge, with a first choice midfield then of Routledge, Ambrose, Faye, Reid with Holland / Hughes / Sam in reserve.
  • Definately if he is fit enough to play a full season and we could afford the wages but can't see it happening.
  • lennon's wages cant be that bad if we were able to offer jfh much more than celtic offered. that said, i think he'll end up in the prem with one of the promoted teams.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]lennon's wages cant be that bad if we were able to offer jfh much more than celtic offered. that said, i think he'll end up in the prem with one of the promoted teams.[/quote]

That was when we were a prem club and could afford JFH wages. I agree that someone else, maybe in the midlands where he lived before will get him.
  • the fact that we got jfh ahead of celtic shows why the old firm are so desperate to get into the PL.
  • not so sure on the wages front. Apparently Premiership and Championship clubs are after him, but he seriously considered an offer from Wycombe, and nearly said yes.

If Pardew was keen, and sold it to him that we wanted him to be the experienced older head to lead the team and drive it back into a championship winning season, i reckon he might go for it.
  • If he nearly signed for Wycombe then money isn't the issue. wonder who the top prem club is???? spurs trying to sign every player in the whole world shocker???

lennon on the move
  • [cite]Posted By: cunningstunt87[/cite]
    with a first choice midfield then of Routledge, Ambrose, Faye, Reid with Holland / Hughes / Sam in reserve.

The words first choice midfield and Faye should not go in the same sentence!
  • Aston Villa perhaps? O'Neil being manager.

I'd rather have Thomas Graveson but doubt if we'd get him either.

I imagine that lennon is looking to get back to a club where he can be a player/coach so he doesn't have to go cold turkey on his playing days like these.
  • Sponsored links:

• afka what were the words everyone spoke about last summer about JFH?

"definitely worth a punt but wages might be a problem?" 50 odd times. So could Lennon be our new "definitely worth a punt" boy.

mind you look how JFH turned out. wasnt worth a grunt let alone a punt.
  • Were there not rumours of him going to Forest as a player coach?
  • He is VERY slow - not sure he'd be that infuential in the Championship.
  • Just signed for Forest
  • Forest ?? Blimey.

Bit of a coup for them....
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Forest ?? Blimey.

Bit of a coup for them....

He was entertaining Wycombe as well..........
  • Forest? Not so far from Leicester where he played for years.

Probably still got a house and friends in Leicester, so Forest was probably a no brainer for him.
  • Leaves Celtic.
  • Roland has tapped him up
  • Sponsored links:

• Norwich
  • I think he'll go to Norwich.

Also predict Paul Lambert to take over the Celtic job.
  • Hate him
  • I don't think he will leave Celtic to go to a championship side. West Brom is my bet.
  • No and No again
  • I don't think he will leave Celtic to go to a championship side. West Brom is my bet.

Thats what I thought if Norwich had stayed up then yes but not now

Owen Coyle and David Moyes will also be in the fram to take the Celtic job I reckon.

Coyle never played for Celtic but Moyes did.

Owen Coyle and David Moyes will also be in the fram to take the Celtic job I reckon.

Coyle never played for Celtic but Moyes did.
    Moyes likely favourite I would think.
  • It could do Moyes some good, getting up there and winning a few titles. ex-Celtic player as well. I reckon Lennon will end up at WBA.