Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Page Not Found - CL Problem

edited October 2011 in Troubleshooting
To get to the site at home, have to go via google and click on announcements - direct url link showing

'Page Not Found

The page you were looking for could not be found.'

Comments

• had the same too
  • Lets face it the CL makeover of a few months ago has been a  complete disaster. Nothing has worked correctly since the switch. Cant we get the old site back?
  • Yes, but wasn't one of the reasons for the switch the fact that a number of people's computers (including mine, and yours I seem to remember?) were infected with a virus from the old site?
  • edited October 2011
    When you say direct URL, can you type out what you are trying? What I have seen that fails is forum.charltonlife.com/forum, but all other variations should work, such as forum.charltonlife.com and charltonlife.com.

@Bedsaddick I wish you knew what it took to keep this site running day to day, whether the old site or the new... though i doubt you'd even care.
  • Think I may have traced the issue @CAFCsayer; If you've bookmarked charltonlife.com/forum then that is likely the problem. Re-bookmark charltonlife.com or forum.charltonlife.com and everything should be fine.
  • Steady
  • Give us a hug Off_it
  • In those shorts? Nah!
  • Since the change I can no longer sign in at work (Where I spend most of my time Grrrrr!)

So I rely on my I-Phone but the last 3 days it wont even let me open the site??

The only time I can post is on my laptop!!

Someone helpppppppp???

• Terry, see the reply above: i bet it's only the wrong address being entered from an old bookmark.
  • Sponsored links:

• I had the same problem, but Lookout's solved it with the bookmark thing
  • Cheers Lookout I have tried what you said and the page comes up but it won't let me sign in? I have Charlton Life back up on my phone Thank god but I really need it on my pc! Would it be a work thing my end? But surly they would just ban the site not the sign in?? HELP
  • edited October 2011
    When you say direct URL, can you type out what you are trying? What I have seen that fails is forum.charltonlife.com/forum, but all other variations should work, such as forum.charltonlife.com and charltonlife.com.

@Bedsaddick I wish you knew what it took to keep this site running day to day, whether the old site or the new... though i doubt you'd even care.
    O

Thanks for the " i doubt you care" comment . I do and I
    appreciate the work put in but there are many problems with the site . As I have said in the past , you should ask for a small subscription fee from members or get some form of sponsorship to help you iron out some of the faults .
    Because It's obviously stressing you out.
  • Yes, but wasn't one of the reasons for the switch the fact that a number of people's computers (including mine, and yours I seem to remember?) were infected with a virus from the old site?
    Very true . You are right there.

• When you say direct URL, can you type out what you are trying? What I have seen that fails is forum.charltonlife.com/forum, but all other variations should work, such as forum.charltonlife.com and charltonlife.com.

O

Thanks for the " i doubt you care" comment . I do and I
    appreciate the work put in but there are many problems with the site . As I have said in the past , you should ask for a small subscription fee from members or get some form of sponsorship to help you iron out some of the faults .
    Because It's obviously stressing you out.
    Funny that, it looked to me as what was 'stressing admin out' was BA always whingeing on about how bad the site is. Well, it stresses me out anyway.
  • "always whinging" . Evidence please. If a comment from me stresses someone out then maybe they are in the wrong job.
  • It's no a job it's something they do what little spare time they have for the benefit of you and me.
  • "always whinging" . Evidence please. If a comment from me stresses someone out then maybe they are in the wrong job. Anyway I don't want to get in an argument ( which you quite obviously do ) . At the end of they day , the squabbles and petty back biting on this site are far worse than any technical issues it may have .
  • I think we should go back to the old site and the same regarding the OS. Whilst we're at it, lets bring back baggy shorts, brylcreem, the peanut seller, half-time tombola and Brian Cole on the mic who was much better than that fool we now have ;-).

Anyone wanna buy a wooden rattle?
  • It's no a job it's something they do what little spare time they have for the benefit of you and me.
    And I appreciate that as I said.
  • Sponsored links:

• Blimey am I about to get a kicking from the clique . I better do a runner on this thread !! ;-)
  • like a bunch of smack heads clucking

Think you really need to reasses your lives if you're that worried about not being able to get on here every second of everyday.

That said I do check this site at least once a day see whats happening!!!