Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

C.L.I.T

edited September 2011 in Match Day Travel
Any ideas for this year as last year fell through or is to early for everyone yet? if we continue on this fine run i could see good numbers wanting to climb on the clit express..

Comments

• Preston away - 28th April - warmish weather, big ground and promotion celebrations as champions.
  • Will be weekending in Blackpool for Preston

Maybe a shorter trip without stops if possible would be good.

Bournemouth in March (?)  maybe
  • Preston away - 28th April - warmish weather, big ground and promotion celebrations as champions.

I'm going to this with a group of other Charlton supports as one of our fellow East Standers has moved up that way recently. 
    He should have a few nice pubs scouted by then!

• why is there no fixture on the 12th November?  I cant see any internationals listed? 
  • yep thats what i was thinking
  • edited September 2011

why is there no fixture on the 12th November?  I cant see any internationals listed? 
    FA Cup first round? And Euro 2012 Play offs. England may have a friendly if they've already qualified.

• why is there no fixture on the 12th November?  I cant see any internationals listed? 
    Probable friendly at Wembley, the hotels in London have been tipped off 

FA Cup first round? And Euro 2012 Play offs. England may have a friendly if they've already qualified.
    But I thought the club would have listed it if it were a FA cup fixture and we dont get international fixture weekends off.

Cant see any suitable coach trips for away games which arent too long.  Preston too far.

Im in Sutton Coldfield for the Walsall game but reckon thats prob nearest.  Bournemouth - can be 3 hours and better by train.
  • definitely FA cup though, http://www.thefa.com/TheFACup/FACompetitions/TheFACup/FACupPages/Round-Dates
    Okay ta, odd that the club didnt list it as an FA cup weekend, and i see that they havent listed any. 
  • Sponsored links:

• didnt you all do Yeovil as the last one?..thats miles away!

only other one i can see from fixtures is Scunthorpe. North Lincolshire but its basically straight up.

• Yes they did... and its a long journey home specially when wet and cold and no booze.  I reckon no more than 2.5 hours but anyway thats just my opinion.  others may feel differently.

• bournemouth sounds good to me on march 3rd, enough time after crimbo to have saved up some larger vouchers.
  • Curb it, don't get caught reading this thread at work. They will think you gay, after getting caught reading the new girl on countdown thread.
  • No booze? We had a lovely bottle of red on the way back!

Loads will be staying down for Bournemouth getting on the champagne, so not sure if the coach will be very popular.
  • Orient?
    You're meant to be organising a charity walk to Orient, remember.
  • Orient?
    CLIT on legs.
  • Sorry for the ignorance on the subject, but C.L.I.T?

A gathering of Charlton Life IT geeks?

A homage to a certain pleasure zone?

Charlton Life Ice skating Team?
  • There's no Premier League that day either
  • Sponsored links:

• Charlton Life Independant Travel.
  • Yes.  Amend the title for those not in the clique. 

Bournemouth weekend away.

Believe Tavern is on a coach to stevenage.  Again, I'm not invited.

• edited September 2011
    Orient?

Already discussed. Not going to happen on New Years Eve.
  • Chuckle Lads In Transit