Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hangover

from last season was all too obvious yesterday. Forget the 'problem' positions and need for the new team to gel. What we need to turn round - and fast - is the confidence to do the following:

- Build a winning habit by not letting leads slip
- Show we can chase a game when we are behind
- Reorganise ourselves during a game to stifle oppo's threats or to cope with the unexpected (eg Moo2's injury/ crap reffing etc)

And all that needs to happen without a natural leader out there on the pitch.

Comments

• Options
    hmm sounds like a 'management' failing to me..
  • Options
    I'm not specifically having a go at Pards, though most on here will know I've not been quite as taken in by his ability to seem intelligent when interviewed and to turn on the schmoozy charm as some. I have genuine concerns that we are in a low confidence/ losing rut, and that seems to be rubbing off on the new joiners too. We are making excuses - more physical league, need time to gel, unfortunate injuries etc. We've known all these things are facts of life for the past few weeks. My first inkling that maybe we weren't getting the mindset right was when both Pards and Chrissy Powell talked - before the season started - about the importance of being able to bounce back from defeats in this league. Didn't feel like the most motivating/ confidence-building approach to me!

I'm sure it can all be put right by thumping Sheff Weds, then following up with a win at Palarse.
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    are you a wind up merchant or what. We've had years of Alan, THE MOST BORING INTERVIEWEE EVER, Curbishley and have the gall to dig Pards out for not schmoozing.
  • Options
    A team is primarily about talent, then about mixing that talent appropriately, my view at the moment is we simply don't have the talent or enough of it anyway - in midfield and defence.
  • Options
    I'm not a wind up merchant. If you read it properly I'm saying that Pards does schmooz, but that's not something that impresses me.
  • Options
    We've got more then enough talent, just the mix is slightly wrong.

and I still insist the problem is upfront with the type of strikers who have played so far