Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reality Check

edited August 2007 in General Charlton
I went yesterday and was disappointed with certain aspects of our performance. However, reading some of the comments since on here and you'd think we were about to be relegated. The truth of the matter is that Stoke caught us cold as we were still re-organising when Moo2 went off and if we had kept it tight for even five minutes then we'd have probably won the game. Events conspired against us. Criticism of Reid is ridiculous. With so many new players it was going to take time for them to gel and I believe it will take a little while yet. We still have JT to return to full fitness and Holland and Varney to accomodate. The squad is definately good enough to finish in the top six and I believe we will. Maybe not top two but top six for sure. Let's not also forget that Stoke finished just outside the play-off's and are not a mug team. People are going way over the top. I mean do any of you seriously think Man City are gonna win the Pl or finish above Man Utd ? Of course not. It's far too early to panic. As I said I wasn't happy with some aspects of the performance but we'll get there but it's gonna take time.

Comments

• Options
    can't be bothered to reply.........off to watch some proper football on MOTD2

will post something sensible once we beat Sheff Wed, if not we will be bottom.
  • Options
    shouldn't you be packing ??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]shouldn't you be packing ??

Where's he going - Funland?
    ;o)
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    If Funland is Swanley then yes !!
  • Options
    Every day is like a Funday in Swanley ..... apparently.
  • Options
    After yesterdays result coupled with last saturday I am now off to contemplate my future as a human being as because of these results we are obviously going to be relegated to the conference leagues and never win a game of football again. The Valley will have 2000 people watching the games and everyday will be grey and raining....Give me a prozac now before it's too late.
  • Options
    You've seen it all before - must have been a season ticket holder last season.........

;-)
  • Options
    away for the weekend just watched the game...we are shyte, shyte and shyte