Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Where did you think we would finish pre-season and now?

edited August 2007 in General Charlton
Yes, we're only two games in but what do you think?

To be honest I was hoping for the play-offs this season and having a really strong promotion chasing side the next.

I still think this will be the case. Loads of newbies and a team that needs to gel/settle.

What position do you honestly think we will finish in?

I'm going for 5th.

Comments

• Options
    Within reason I don't really care.

But I do expect the team play reasonably attractively, to perform to the best of their ability and win more matches than they lose.

If they do that, then I feel they will be there or thereabouts at the end of the season.

Position? thinking about it, 2nd. Why not? ;-)
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    top 2 no changer early days only 2 games
  • Options
    I've opted for the play offs haven't changed my mind, Some good points from Scunny and Stoke. Good passing and posession.

A bit more confidence shooting from midfield, a bit better service from the wide boys, a left footed central mindfield playmaker who'll last 90 mins, a commanding centre back and our problems will be over.
  • Options
    Pre Season Champions

Now Mid Table
  • Options
    Pre season 2nd
    now 2nd
  • Options
    Pre-season 6th
    Now 6th
  • Options
    champions
  • Options
    Champs pre-season and same now.
  • Options
    before Aug 11th........top 6 deffo and maybe top 2 with a fair wind etc etc

now..........top 6 if we are very lucky and have dodgy refs like chelsea get, otherwise top 10.
  • Options
    8th top4 pre season
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I said 7th I think pre-season still think about the same now.
  • Options
    pre season 13th
    now 12th
  • Options
    Pre Season = Champions
    Now = Play Offs

However i'm not panicking just yet, I just think I was a tad naive and thought it'd be easier than it will be!
  • Options
    pre season: Wembley
    now: Barnsley
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Champs pre-season and same now.

What makes you think we will finish as champions? I'm not saying we won't but what are you basing this on? And also Watford have just beaten Wolves and Sheff Utd, have a settled side and are already 5 points clear of us.
  • Options
    Top 2/Top2.
  • Options
    2nd
    3rd
  • Options
    Mid table / Mid to lower table
  • Options
    10th
    ditto
  • Options
    I'm going to bring this thread back up in March
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i'm gonna update it every ten mins during the sheff wed game.
  • Options
    hahaha
  • Options
    using your speak and spell phone.
  • Options
    deal Charlie Murphy
  • Options
    I predicted 5th pre-season & I still think we can achieve this with a following wind. More realistically, a position in the top 10 would satisfy me.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Champs pre-season and same now.

What makes you think we will finish as champions? I'm not saying we won't but what are you basing this on? And also Watford have just beaten Wolves and Sheff Utd, have a settled side and are already 5 points clear of us.

I think we have the best squad in the league and are only a decent CB short. with the return of Holland, ZZ, Varney, Gibbs, and hopefully Racon we'll be stronger and as the team start to settle, the points WILL come. As well as this we have the best manager in the league and i have faith in what Pards is trying to achieve. I know this is a tough league but i think in a few months people will be much happier with our position. Some may think i'm mad but this is my honest view.
  • Options
    People are looking forward to Holland coming back like he is the Messiah!

Matty Holland is a good, honest pro but physically he is lightweight and at 33 will not cope in the Championship in my opinion. He is a good man to have around as a role model, rather like Chrissy Powell, but I don't think he will contribute that much on the pitch.

I hope that I'm proved wrong!
  • Options
    I'm with Len on this. While I'm sure Holland's aimless running about and windmill like arm waving will no doubt be of some benifit to the team, I don't think he'll have the impact that many anticipate.
  • Options
    Mid table pre season, top 8 now.....promotion next season
  • Options
    He did last year. He was a revelation after Xmas.

But then it was not the CCC - only the Premiership. ;-)