Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Level thinking

edited August 2007 in General Charlton
I know life`s made of people with different opinions, and everyone is should be allowed to express theirs without fear of retribution verbal or otherwise, but why after our win at Swindon are people talking about winning the league cup and in the next breath we looking at relegation because we only have one point after two games, we have a new team that has disappointed so far, against scunthorpe we looked like a eleven individuals learning to play together, wasnt at Swindon so I wont comment on the performance, but I will say for years we got knocked out of various competitions by lower league teams, against Stoke we appeared to shy away from the physical aspect of the game, Personally speaking I think that something thats happened to Charlton for years, for Stoke city, read Bolton wanderers who virtually beat us up every season bar one I think, losing one game dont make us crap, winning one game dont make us world beaters.

Comments

• Options
    Exactly, TLC.

Stoke made Bolton look like Brazil, but we handled it okay for most of the match.

The 2 goals that cost us came on the end of quick breakaways, where much of our team had been bypassed and we were exposed by lack of defensive cover.

The quality of our midfield football was superb at times but we were lacking in providing good service to the strikers from wide positions. No service to strikers means no goals from strikers. We must learn from this.

The side isn't the finished article - anyone can see this. But the basis of a good team is there once a couple of key positions have been strengthened.