Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Building around one foot Reid is a little fat mistake

edited August 2007 in General Charlton
making Reid the linchpin and building around him and making him captain is pardew's latest mistake and probably the most serious (although doing the same with Song last season was also an error i reckon)

drifting inside he loses the team's balance (first half last night on left, second half on right) which better teams will exploit (lets face it Stoke were poor) and also he thinks he is a master of the pass when in truth he misses the simple killer ball

in the championship you dont need a midfield schemer you need two soild inteligent players (eg Kins and Jones) one of who should be captain. semedo looks quality so add say ZZ to him and play with two wingers

all so obvious that one wonders about Pards (ridiculous subs yesterday both in timing for first two and the positions) and what did he see in McCarthorse?

Comments

• Options
    We need an energetic midfielder to win the ball back and lay it off to our creative players, then we might not be so easy to play through, our wingers also need to stay wide.

I could not believe it when he moved Fortune to RB, Boogie is far better going forward and JF is better in the air.
  • Options
    I agree, cfgs, that Fortune should have stayed CB alongside Paddy McCarthorse, and Boogie moved to RB.

Boogie has got flair and composure coming forward as he's already shown.

How log's MotorKill out for?
    Don't forget Sankofa's injured - so perhaps Boogie will play RB against Sheff W?
  • Options
    Semedo was the energetic midfielder. he passed short to reid loads of times (and Ambrose when he was there!) but the final pass was shyte from Reid. Charlton had over 60% possesion didnt they so someone was winning the ball back!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: KenTred[/cite]Semedo was the energetic midfielder. he passed short to reid loads of times (and Ambrose when he was there!) but the final pass was shyte from Reid. Charlton had over 60% possesion didnt they so someone was winning the ball back![/quote]

agreed Reid's final ball was worryingly bad at times but at least he tried a few, same couldn't really be said of our other 'creative' player Ambrose. Semedo tired badly i thought in second half but he was doing Ambrose's running for him so I'm not surprised. Sooner we get that lightweight pansy out of the side the better.
  • Options
    The final pass will always be shit with two strikers who play with their backs to goal, one striker who runs off the strikers shoulder will be vital, cue Luke Varney
  • Options
    Agree too much is expected of Reid - I thought he had a good first half, but faded as the match went on again. Everything goes through him - it becomes too easy for the oppo to suss it and defend better against it. Where was Ambrose? He played the ball about four times really well, but that was it. And people used to moan about Dennis? At least he never hid.

The substitiutions - esp taking Sam off - were crazy. He'd been our most dangerous player. Pards is obviuosly too vain to wear galsses so he can see to the far-side of the pitch. Whilst McLeod didn't seem to do very much, he was actually linking the midfield and attack quite well, and we had no-one doing that 2nd half. Iwelumo looked slightly beter than I expected from earlier reports on here, but JT didnt get in a single cross in the 2nd half - what a primadonna.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KenTred[/cite]but the final pass was shyte from Reid.

I can't believe this. There's a lot of people moaning on here but this takes the biscuit. I'd like to watch that game again and count the passes he made and how many reached their man. Not to mention the amount of tackling back he did. You seem to be praising Semedo for winning the ball back but I think Reid did more of this anyway. Besides Semedo passed backwards too often: there's less risk of losing the ball doing that but not much chance of scoring.