Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

palace get just over fifteen thousand

edited August 2007 in General Charlton
dont worry about our away support worry about your home crowd.

Comments

• Options
    we should worry about our away support though, terrible turn out today.
  • Options
    I dont see how you can say that AKFA, our away following was nowhere near this good the last time we were in the 1st division.
  • Options
    i was at the midweek 2-1 win Stokie, and i'm sure we had more there that night than we did on a Saturday today. Today would of been a new ground for a lot of people, i just expected more people to go despite it being on the telly.
  • Options
    So was I, there was no way we had half what we had today, Im not saying our away support is Great but I definatly feel it is loyal. Having lived up North over 20 years Ive been to the vast majority of away games weve played in that time. Beleive me todays turn out ranked quite highley compared some ive seen in the past.

The main point I was trying to make was I thought our fans got right behind our team tonight, and deserved at least the same effort as what we were putting in.
  • Options
    fair enough stokie, i'm probably wrong. Think i'm just cheesed off because we hit every form of roadworks and accident possible both there and back.

And i'm still on 1 away win in five years...........
  • Options
    The way your feeling now is like how I feel when I go an home game, and it takes about 2 hours just to get out of sodding London.
  • Options
    Its the middle of the summer hols, the game was live on TV and it was in that shithole of the Potteries. I wouldn't be too worried.
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    It was a silly KO, it is the middle of August, people should be playing or watching cricket or tennis or at BBQs etc. Football in August makes me puke. I have no interest.
    My family boycotted the Scunthorpe match on this basis - that we were in Grand Canaria at the time was just coinscidence.
    Football, home or away, should be played under floodlights for at least 45 mins - as it was at Pompey today!!!
  • Options
    I might have gone, but if Sky's going to schedule Championship games against Setanta's Premier League matches, then I'll kiss Rupert Murdoch's hairy arse before I go to a 5.20pm away KO out of "loyalty".

In fact, perhaps the Football League needs to look at its TV contract because it can't be doing its image much good being used as a spoiler just because Sky spits its dummy out at having competition in the Premier League.