Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stoke a bunch of thugs crap ref

edited August 2007 in General Charlton
These refs are terrible not a yellow card to those thugs.

Comments

• Options
    thugs - absolute nonsense they certainly put themselves about but hardly a bad challenge out there apart from cresswell on mootoo.
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Just a comment - why does the team who wins never complain about the ref? Today was a whole lot more than the ref. A couple of challenges I agree would be a yellow in the Prem but we're not so take it on the chin. The facts are that we shouldn't have lost to a clearly inferior team but allowed them into the game when we scored and then go ahead and no one seemed overly bothered or capable of turning the game back our way. Very disappointing all round.
  • Options
    Agreed Spankie.
  • Options
    well done spankie - it's the same world over when a team loses it's the refs fault
  • Options
    We need to toughen up............today has shown what clubs have to do to turn us over, we are so lightweigt,,,,, and are not prepared to mix it with the rest of them...playing good football wont get u out this league
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]We need to toughen up............today has shown what clubs have to do to turn us over, we are so lightweigt,,,,, and are not prepared to mix it with the rest of them...playing good football wont get u out this league

Playing good football WILL get u out this league - but you do need a bit more steel that's true.
  • Options
    goals get you out of this league.....and we need to score more of them. FACT.

Until we sign/play a striker like Fuller (I wonder who initially found him and let him go?) or even Parkin then we will continue to struggle and lose games.

Strikers have to be good enough to create things for themselves and not expect the ball to land at their feet 5 yards out. Both Stoke goals came from the striker making something for himself once he had the ball.......Fuller had his back to goal and he turned and shot and I wonder when did one of our forwards last did that (super clive i fear). Parkin, for his size, still had the skill to turn our centre half and get a shot in.......but this was because he was in the box at the time. We dearn't touch him and he knrw it. Get the ball to the feet of a forward in the box and he'll score more times than he'll miss.

This has been our failings for years and nothings changed.
  • Options
    Two goals taken well, but I wouldn't want their strikers. Ours will come good. Those goals were down to donkey defending, end of.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]goals get you out of this league.....and we need to score more of them. FACT.

Until we sign/play a striker like Fuller (I wonder who initially found him and let him go?) or even Parkin then we will continue to struggle and lose games.

Parkin - you are on a wind up - he must weigh about 17 stone.
  • Options
    we didn't sign fuller because he wasn't and isn't premier league standard which is where we were at the time
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not to mention the fact that his back was knackered and it was touch and go as to whether he would ever recover enough to play professionally again.

For his sake, I'm glad that he has recovered - or at least enough to earn a living. From our point of view we took the right decision at the time.
  • Options
    I think no one would insure him either.. (at the time)
  • Options
    Forget the strikers it is the defense & midfield that is poor. In both games this season our defense has given the opposition too much space & time and it is only the opposition's poor finishing that has kept our goals against to 3. In the Stoke game we had over 60% possession but our goal chances were few that must be down to the lack of creativity in midfield.

Lets hope AP sorts it out by Saturday.
  • Options
    The yellow cards I think there should have been two, are v.important in my opinion. The ref should use these to stop teams like Stoke resorting to thuggery to win matches. A couple of cards and the team if not players who've been booked will think twice about doing the same. If you are reluctant to give these out as a ref you are giving a team like that licence to use that side of the game to win, therefore its going to benefit the nastier team.
  • Options
    the ref was a homer and we should be used to them.
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Exactly razil the refs should take note of FIFA's rule book. Moutkil was kicked out of game they knew he was causing a threat down the right wing.
  • Options
    Sorry, but I don't go in for this "thuggery" view. Stoke were big, hard, strong and physical but I didn't see anything much myself that was especially untoward or that went unpunished.

As for Yassin's injury, their fella clearly won the ball and it wasn't even a foul. These things happen in football, people get injured without it being someones fault. I mean, if that's your benchmark couldn't stoke also argue that we "kicked" their fella (Wright?) out of the game in the first half? It's the same thing.
  • Options
    Agreed Off_it. Spot on.
  • Options
    I think Stoke beat us up good and proper, and we didn't know how to handle it, probably a good learning experience for some out there yesterday
  • Options
    i thought the ref gave more than enough free kicks to us, if anything he was overly protective towards us - i would have been doing my nut of i was a Stoke fan

Stoke were not in the slightest thuggish, they just wanted it more than us & we were too lightweight in many positions, not least the heart of the defence

i also felt really sorry for Stephen Wright - poor bloke
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]I think Stoke beat us up good and proper, and we didn't know how to handle it, probably a good learning experience for some out there yesterday

They were in our faces, but they certainly didn't "beat us up", good and proper or any other way.
  • Options
    I agree with Oakster. We can have no complaints about that ref.
  • Options
    In our faces, beat us up, whatever way you put it, they did us physically, and they did it good and proper
  • Options
    It's not as though we didn;t know to expect that in this division - and it won't just be Stoke. We could have learnt it from our experiences v Watford and Sheff U last season for starters.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]In our faces, beat us up, whatever way you put it, they did us physically, and they did it good and proper

Ha ha ha! I dunno about where you live, but if someone was in my face then I wouldn't think that they'd beaten me up - not for a second!
  • Options
    Both players for both goals were being looked after by McCarthy ... he come on and bang we were one all and then got nutmegged for there winner...

Im defiantely diassapointed and it gave me a chance to see the boys... Reid ran out of stream a bit,... Jerome seemed to grow as the game went on, by the end he was trying to do it all himself and was eveidently pissed off./... (which is what we need!!)

So overall were still trying to gel and when we do I think we will be good, could be a big loss losing motorkill, Semedo looked good in the holding role,

well see...

J
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]i also felt really sorry for Stephen Wright - poor bloke

i watched in a pub, but didnt see/remember what happened with him???
  • Options
    i felt sorry for myself
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    He went down in a challenge with Mootoo (I think), both players running towards the ball and legs got tangled, looked like nothing but obviously was for him.

Ambrose must have thought thank god I was the other side of the pitch when that happened.
  • Options
    It was McLeod he tangled with - not a foul, as you say their legs got twisted together as they tumbled and Wright came off worse.