Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Can you run the economy?

You're the Chancellor.  And, at the end of the month, you have to set the Budget.  Good luck..! 

Click here 

(Usual caveats: this is a bit of fun; don't make any political comments; it's just a bit of fun; it's not intended to stimulate political debate - even among the vegans; it's only a bit of fun).  

Comments

• That was fun, enjoyed playing around with it, lacked a little detail in some areas but not a bad little gimmick!
  • It didn't have the "we'll print more money button" I was counting on. Or have some of these bonds box.

I put up income tax by a penny in the pound and NI got a rise.
    Corporation tax went up as did inheritance and told the non-doms to do one.
    I did away with the triple lock and WFA, (thought I'd give nature and the NHS a hand)
    Stamp duty got wound back to not help FTBs but even with it house price still rose so swallowed the benefit.
    2 child cap to stay and no free meals, Mine I have grown up so sod the rest of you
    I spent heavily on Health, education and defence. I thought this was where budgets should start from.
    No give aways at the end. Buy your own presents.

And I trashed the economy. But I'm as qualified as few chancellors have been in recent years, absolutely zero, .

• seth plum said:
    Tax everybody 100% on all income over £100,000 and nationalise all private land and property.
    predictable as ever mate lol
  • edited October 17
    I cut welfare, binned the triple lock and raised all non personal taxes, didn't cut departments funding to the bone and cranked up investment, managed to balance the books, so all good 
  • I broke the election promises but as I didnt put them in place I dont care.

I also binned the triple lock but my "rabbit out of the hat" was free school meals. 
  • it appears I can!
  • edited October 17
    Chizz said:
    You're the Chancellor.  And, at the end of the month, you have to set the Budget.  Good luck..! 

Click here 

(Usual caveats: this is a bit of fun; don't make any political comments; it's just a bit of fun; it's not intended to stimulate political debate - even among the vegans; it's only a bit of fun).  
    best of luck...

Edit. bad luck.
  • Bit of fun, balanced the books and have reduced debt and budget deficit, easy this.
  • Sponsored links:

• Chizz said:

Click here 

You just broke your own "don't make any political comments" caveat so the rest don't count either.
  • edited October 17
    Triple lock must be maintained until UK's appallingly low pensions reach level of other G7 economies.

I pay tax on my state pension, if non-Doms don't wish to contribute on their millions/billions, I'll drive them to the airport.

Lets not forget the Tories nearly trebled national debt over 14 years whilst absolutely slashing services.

The freeze on tax allowances until 2028 alone should have led them into the political wilderness, but Labour have no plans to reinstate upgrades.

Revise council tax to have mansions pay their due. I pay band C for a one bedroom flat on the edge of the M25.

• I rejoined the EU and was able to start a British space programme! 🫡
  • The triple lock is the biggest welfare grab ever 
  • Rothko said:
    The triple lock is the biggest welfare grab ever 
    Biggest voting block in the country so will never be removed. 
  • Sort out care provision for the elderly you can put the triple lock straight in the bin