Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charltons Biggest Fan Mug - Time To Be Chucked Out?

2»

Comments

• That's the trouble. Too many of the older type mugs are not dishwasher safe.
    I am a horder, but honestly I think I would bin one that was that faded.
    Made te mistake of putting this one in the dishwasher, already starting to fade.

I'd have said it's done quite well lasting since 1947...take it you bought it at the time...🙄
    Ah, addickted.net.  Happy times.  Much better than the crap we are served up these days.
    Made te mistake of putting this one in the dishwasher, already starting to fade.

If you don't want it I'll have it off you.
  • seth plum said:

I got one of those.  The quality was absolutely shit.
    Cmon mate, the vase is nice!
  • edited October 17
    seth plum said:

Simplicity of design. Not trying too hard like Palarse would.
    Yes there is a handle.
  • seth plum said:
    seth plum said:

Simplicity of design. Not trying too hard like Palarse would.
    But as a mug it was not good.  The glaze cracked in about 6 weeks.
  • Stig said:
    If you're really Charlton's Biggest Fan, you'll be prepared to spend the time restoring it. Either that or just have a bit of fun doing your own design. https://www.cassart.co.uk/pebeo-porcelaine-150/
    Take it over to Jay Blades on Repair Shop and get him to ask someone to "lovingly restore" it for you. Oh...hang on...maybe not!

Definitely keep it in my opinion 
  • Biggest fan mug? I think that's been all of us to be fair over the years ...........
  • Keep it.
  • Biggest in terms of height or weight? 
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:

Yeah, but they smell nice if you keep them watered
  • I’ve stopped using the one on the right to preserve it, but the other one’s probably only a couple of years younger

If you don't want it I'll have it off you.
    No, I love it mate. Just annoyed I put it in the dishwasher

• Well thanks very much for your help.

The 3 o clock deadline, has long gone and passed, and the resounding verdict is conclusive….

• 10 votes for keep, 4 for bin, here’s to 20 more years!
  • edited 1:02AM
    Legend has it that when the writing is restored to @Mendonca In Asdas mug, a chosen one shall restore Charlton to the Premier League. 
  • Anyway, Charlton’s Biggest Fan Mug is more likely to be a long standing season ticket holder in the expensive seats in the Upper West. 
  • The club needs to sell some proper mugs in the club shop. I’d buy a collection of 4-5 designs if they were decent…