Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Petition to get more toilets working on southeastern

Sorry to be boring, but I saw this and have thought for years that something should be done.
https://chng.it/PpkMFZfGhN

Comments

• Not boring at all. The lack of toilets can be very distressing for a lot of people.
    I just wish folks could resist the urge to vandalise them.
  • Not boring at all. The lack of toilets can be very distressing for a lot of people.
    I just wish folks could resist the urge to vandalise them.
    Shit happens 
  • Being stuck between Lewisham an New cross because of points failure and you get rumble in your bowels is the stuff of nightmares.
  • The fact that there are pre-recorded announcements saying "There are no working toilets on this train" tells you all you need to know about Southeastern's desire or ability to get them working.
  • I do, and I feel ashamed of myself for saying this, have some sympathy for Southeastern on this, given that if they do repair a toilet, it's pretty much guaranteed that some drunken arsehole will have vandalised it by the following morning. 
  • Southeastern could start by getting rid of those City Beam trains.  How, in the 2020s, can you buy second hand trains and take the toilets out ?
  • I think there should be more toilets working in the whole ground...🤔🙄
  • Do any other train services out of Central London run so many trains without toilets? And I'm not talking about toilets that don't work, but a lot of the trains don't have any toilets at all. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Astonishing that this thread exists at all in 2024. 
  • the Elizabeth line has no onboard loos, but easy to access at station toilets instead, not sure I want a toilet stinking the train out in a tunnel under Holborn. 

As someone with Crohn's disease, I'm ok as long as the gaps between stations aren't huge, and the loos are easy to find. 
  • Hex said:
    Southeastern could start by getting rid of those City Beam trains.  How, in the 2020s, can you buy second hand trains and take the toilets out ?
    They never had toilets in the first place. They were originally ordered by Southwestern and operated out of Waterloo.
  • The toilets at Lee station always seem to be locked due to "unsociable behaviour" you just need to go to the ticket office & ask for the key. Of course once the ticket office is closed then you're fucked................ much the same as when they're left open I imagine.  :#
  • Hex said:
    Southeastern could start by getting rid of those City Beam trains.  How, in the 2020s, can you buy second hand trains and take the toilets out ?
    They never had toilets in the first place. They were originally ordered by Southwestern and operated out of Waterloo.
    I bow to your superior knowledge !

Still shouldn't be allowed though.
  • A lot of the trains have toilets and are locked due to the arseholes vandalising them. I have had to get off at Dartford and Plumstead to have a pee when returning home from Gravesend. I usually now wait for the Luton or the Bullet trains as they have toilets usually open.
  • Cant they go back to the good old days and just drill a few holes in the bottom of the train floor?
  • Carter said:
    Being stuck between Lewisham an New cross because of points failure and you get rumble in your bowels is the stuff of nightmares.
    As I get older than rumble in the lower mid section you mention is a legitimate cause for panic, distress and alarm. Chuck in a train journey even if I'm sat next to an empty khazi the thought of having to defecate in a train toilet is something that fills me with fear. Especially those ones with plenty of space to move around but buttons you can never fully trust to do what they are promising to do. 
    I share your fear.
    Touch wood, I have never ever dumped in a train toilet.
    But as for those disability toilets with the slowly revolving door, they scare the life out of me.
    I did have one occasion when the door opened on me, fortunately I had finished slashing and was in the middle of a hand wash (incidentally an act that may or may not include soap; has a 70% chance of water and a "dryer" which if it works will take 45 minutes to fully dry your hands).
    I swear to god I had pushed the lock button. After that I have never trusted them
  • Hex said:
    ...ironically.