Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wasps rugby club

2»

Comments

• Reading through those rules that Henry posted, I suddenly get a sinking feeling. If they're required to shift games around to accommodate the needs of broadcasters, that's quite hard to do if the host club has both men's and women's teams, playing on Saturdays and Sundays. Unless the host club asks to have its women's team's games scheduled for the same weekend as the men, so that alternate weekends have either two host club games or none. In which case the rugby club could occupy the alternate weekends and could be free to shift to a Sunday without clashing. A number of people on the thread about the women's team have posted that it's a pain getting to the Valley twice in one weekend and puts them off going on the Sundays. I wonder if we're about to be told that in future we're going to have all women's games the same weekend as the men?
  • Didn't think the ground belongs to cafc so how can we sub let it without the owners permission..just saying 
  • lolwray said:
    Didn't think the ground belongs to cafc so how can we sub let it without the owners permission..just saying 
    Depends on the nature of the lease
  • We just say 'Roland we're leasing the ground to Wasps so go do one'.
  • So you all believe there will be lots of money comming to Charlton if this goes ahead.
    I find that very doubtful myself.
    This is a team that has not existed for 2 years playing in area we're there is no track record of major support for professional rugby.

• msomerton said:
    So you all believe there will be lots of money comming to Charlton if this goes ahead.
    I find that very doubtful myself.
    This is a team that has not existed for 2 years playing in area we're there is no track record of major support for professional rugby.

Don't think anyone has said that, most have said the opposite!
  • edited October 15
    Lady at work and her family are huge wasps fans and used to travel up to Coventry to see them. So her her husband and 3 older kids would go. 

Not my bag really, they would be going into the same league as Blackheath who get crowds of 6/700 max a week edit they are applying to go into the championship which is a league above. Looking online most clubs get gates at that level of 1500/2000.

would I go if there was a potential cheap day out for Charlton fans - yes I’m sure there would be some like me and then you create some new fans.