Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pre match beers

It’s been ages since I’ve gone to the Valley on an all dayer. Too old for it these days!
Where’s the best pubs near/around the ground for a group of 7 lads?
The is for the Wrexham game.
Cheers in advance. 

Comments

• Valley11 said:
    It’s been ages since I’ve gone to the Valley on an all dayer. Too old for it these days!
    Where’s the best pubs near/around the ground for a group of 7 lads?
    The is for the Wrexham game.
    Cheers in advance. 
    It depends where your arrival point is and whether you're looking for quiet, busy, footie on TV, food etc, all home fans?
  • The Plumstead Radical Club. Only two stops away on the train. 
  • UEAAddick said:
    The Plumstead Radical Club. Only two stops away on the train. 
    Three
  • Plume of Feathers, surprised more Charlton fans don't use it, good food, proper old pub, Maze Hill station nearby 4 minutes to Charlton, Downside the governor is a palace fan 
  • UEAAddick said:
    Three
    Sometimes skips Woolwich Dockyard.
  • Numbers said:
    Plume of Feathers, surprised more Charlton fans don't use it, good food, proper old pub, Maze Hill station nearby 4 minutes to Charlton, Downside the governor is a palace fan 
    This is where we go. James the landlord is a nice guy despite his dubious choice of team. There were a few Brummies in there yesterday but it wasn't overly busy.
  • UEAAddick said:
    Shoooosh. 
    We don't want it overcrowded with rifraf. 
    It's bad enough letting Henry and his mob of hooligans in as it is.
  • Royal Oak for me - although on Saturday there were loads of Birmingham fans there, despite it being home fans only !!!
  • Sponsored links:

• The Fans Bar. We are always there selling bottled cocktails & ciders. Something different for a football match 
  • Royal Oak for me - although on Saturday there were loads of Birmingham fans there, despite it being home fans only !!!
    That’s the one I’d go to but wasn’t sure if it was still decent 

Thanks all 
  • Crossbars for me
    I get the prices…
    But for me I just Love the atmosphere and to overlook our Beloved Valley is worth it just for that view
    Where is crossbars? In the west stand? 
  • The Royal Oak is the same as always, although more bar staff serving than often before.
    The Fans Bar is accessed just under the massive Charlton Logo/sword in the Covered End.
  • Valley11 said:
    Crossbars for me
    I get the prices…
    But for me I just Love the atmosphere and to overlook our Beloved Valley is worth it just for that view
    Where is crossbars? In the west stand? 
    Back of the north, get there before 1pm and you get a seat/table. Gets pretty bust from 2pm onwards. If it's nice weather though you might aswell use the fan zone by the carpark. 
  • Rose of Denamrk is always pretty good before match and after
  • Also down for the Wrexham game. 

We are dropping off a programme at the museum so will have to stay close to the ground. 

We used to go into Woolwich Arsenal and have a beer in the SALT tap room or Meantime Brewery. 
  • British Oak but it's a good half hour walk from the ground.
  • Sponsored links:

• The Crown near Maze Hill is good. They'll have the lunchtime KO on and there's a decent selection of beers.
  • The Pilot near the O2 if you don’t mind a walk to the ground (or bus). London Pride always in good nick and other cask ales available.
  • All these people that drink beers more than a 15 minute walk from The Valley have a better bladder than me.
    this - I go in crossbars and need another one by the time I'm in the North Upper after a few pints!
  • Leuth said:
    There's a real dearth of pubs near The Valley, it's a huge problem. I'd say The Anchor And Hope is a good old-fashioned boozer by the river. River Ale House is great but quite small and likely to be crammed. There are others, the usual suspects 

• Valley11 said:
    Royal Oak for me - although on Saturday there were loads of Birmingham fans there, despite it being home fans only !!!
    That’s the one I’d go to but wasn’t sure if it was still decent 

Thanks all 
    Went there last year, choice of beers was woeful. 
  • The Anchor only had 2 staff serving Saturday & drainage smell was a bit “rich” at certain points. No real ales on either.
  • I'd need another pint after walking to the ground 
  •  I quite like the Great Harry in Woolwich.  We was in there before the Rotherham game.  Great atmosphere.
    Had to get a cab to the game 'cos we left it a little late for a bus!