Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

F A Cup 24/25 - 1st round draw - Southend away

123457»

Comments

• Went there once to watch Eddie Firmani. 
  • Always been a fun away day 
  • I just remember ❤️Sir Chris Powell❤️ being outstanding for them against us 
  • on their site their fans seem to think we're in line for <800 tickets
    Dont you get about 25% of the capacity for Cup games? - Unless parts of Roots Hall have been closed? 
    think it's 15%, sounds like what was the previous away end (North Stand) is shut?
  • Bonne hasn’t even featured in their last two league games or the cup game on Saturday. 
    Saving him for us.
  • on their site their fans seem to think we're in line for <800 tickets
    Dont you get about 25% of the capacity for Cup games? - Unless parts of Roots Hall have been closed? 
    Parts of Roots Hall are closed
    A shame that cannot be said for Southend.
  • All down the Foresters for opening time.
  • Would love this to be on the Friday night, proper piss up. 

Good club Southend, shouldn't be where they are.
    Weirdly I have vague memory that Southend often used to play their home games on a Friday night back in the day.
    Anybody else remember that or am I going senile?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 15
    Off_it said:
    All down the Foresters for opening time.
    Mate, I’d just turned 15 for that game in 1991. Was in there early playing pool with our lot when the strippers first come out. I’d only just started getting into boozers and drinking and felt fast tracked that day to adulthood. Said to my pal last night i remember a girl giving some skinheads head a polish and another giving someone’s glasses a very unhygienic clean. Then after the game with all the trouble (I think with Arsenal). Crazy what we used to get up to as teens.

My lad at 14 1/2 will be just shy age wise as I was that day when we go there in a few weeks. He’ll get a Fanta in a quiet friendly pub and then a Greggs if he’s lucky! 
    The good old days, we were in there  :)

Weirdly I have vague memory that Southend often used to play their home games on a Friday night back in the day.
    No you're not, went there to knock off  the ground on a Friday night for a nil nil against Scunthorpe. 2 years later, the sending off/penalties game

Quite correct, seem to remember a 1-1 draw Alan Hart and a lot of trouble mid seventies.

Southend and Tranmere both used to do that, as both are in the shadow of bigger clubs so tried to avoid fixture clashes.
  • edited October 15
    Would love this to be on the Friday night, proper piss up. 

When I worked at Allder's at Basildon one of my colleagues always carefully scheduled when he worked the late shift on a Friday, so that he was free to slope off to Roots Hall.

Think they liked to avoid West Ham home games 
  • edited 7:23AM
    Would love this to be on the Friday night, proper piss up. 

Correct, Stockport and Tranmere often did as well.
    **Edit, @killerandflash beat me to it.
  • Tranmere to avoid the two scouse clubs, Stockport to avoid City and United.
  • Was it Kyle Reid who scored a late winner there once? 
    Yes... Yes it was... I was there too

It finally broke the curse of not seeing us win on the road between that game, and our 1-0 win at Anfield... I hadn't gone to large amounts of away games in that period, but I'd been to enough for it to be bloody annoying, including a 2-2 draw at Plymouth where we scored two late goals to go 2-1 up, only for them to equalise at the death.