Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Manager rating Division One

edited July 27 in General Charlton
Division One manager ranking 

https://x.com/3rdtierefl/status/1816544530868654424?s=46&t=Qjo0N44k_sCWGieSZzHjRQ

based on the experience, the budget the manager gets and how the poster feels if the manager will get on if they will succeed their expectations this season 

Comments

• Apparently Birmingham will exceed all expectations and get promoted…

• Saw a similar one last week with Jones about 14th 
  • There are a lot of good & experienced managers on that list.
  • Clough @ 22 ? .. presumably as he 'only' manages a newly promoted club 
  • Our nutbag NJ to me could genuinely be 1 or 24 
    I just don’t know 
    I think he’s crackers but if he gets a wind behind him it could be a brilliant season
    but IF things go pear shaped I can see it all unraveling quickly and the crank will be gone before you can say Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
    easy for you (and Jones N) to say  :*
  • edited July 27
    Critchley, Davies, Caldwell and Selles too high in my opinion. Challinor, Brady and Clough way too low.
  • An alternative one.

I think this is better, though not sure what Monk has done to justify being that high. Brady and Clough I'd also have a little higher, with Parkinson and Critchley also lower.

• The way NJ turned Charlton around after Appleton had turned them into serial losers must put him in top 3.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 27
    "based on the experience, the budget the manager gets and how the poster feels if the manager will get on if they will succeed their expectations this season"

Never did such a superficially objective looking list, turn out to be so pathetically subjective. Might as well have put the names in a hat and drawn them out at random.
  • edited July 27
    Not sure I'd have Dave Challinor top - Seeing he's untested at this level.

Jones and Evans make sense (with the former ahead of Evans) seeing that one has a League One title, the other has won promotion via. the Play-Offs - Then again Phil Parkinson has two promotions from this level.