Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post Watford encounters at the Valley

edited October 2006 in General Charlton
I'm struggling to remember any !!

anybody got any particularly moments / memories ?

Comments

• Steve Brown's hopeful punt from the right hand touch line on half way that came back off the bar for Garry Nelson to head in.

Complete fluke but what the hell !

We won 3-0 could do with another of those tomorrow.
  • Can't remember any but do remember was on my way to a game at selhurst and fell ill and got dropped of at my nans, was gutted to see the score come through at 4-3 (i think we lost not sure) think Barnes and blissett and co played that day
  • [cite] CAFCBourne:[/cite]Can't remember any but do remember was on my way to a game at selhurst and fell ill and got dropped of at my nans, was gutted to see the score come through at 4-3 (i think we lost not sure) think Barnes and blissett and co played that day

I think we won that game. It sticks in my memory cos it was tipping it down that day and we had got a coach up from Dartford that broke down on the A2 on the way to Selhurst. A replacement eventually arrived and we missed the first 10-15 minutes.
  • The only one I can remember is the 0-2 defeat in the FA Cup when Mo Johnston scored that beautiful curler. They were in Old Division One we were in Old Division Two. Remember it cost The Big Match cameras were there & instead of usual 5,000 there was 22,000+. I used to stand half way up East Terrace on half way line with my whole family & remember we had to move as Temporary TV gantry put there, did see Brian Moore climb up it though before game.
  • yeah i remember the f.a. cup 0-2 game. their support was brilliant that day and imo only bettered by pompey during that era. as well as mo johnson, i think they had a old style centre forward called george rielly, can anyone confirm.
  • [cite] paulbaconsarnie:[/cite]yeah i remember the f.a. cup 0-2 game. their support was brilliant that day and imo only bettered by pompey during that era. as well as mo johnson, i think they had a old style centre forward called george rielly, can anyone confirm.

Yes, George Reily played for them as did another LSOP called Ross Jenkins. It was more likely that Luther Missit was playing that day.
  • LSOP??? Come on valley, wtf is that???
  • lanky streak of p
  • Wow, how did you no that???
  • Friends that fly insults about..... nice
  • Sponsored links:

• I take it your tall then bourne, ketman can you confirm!
  • Oh Aye he's a big Lad, certainly one not to get on the wrong side of Ollie...!
  • As if i would get on the wrong side of a big dood! Although its been seen before!!
  • didn't elton once park a big brown roller next to the wooden shed that housed the 'gym' at the back of the old west stand ?
  • Not at the Valley...but I remember a 3-2 win at Selhurst on Easter Friday or Saturday that kicked started our escape from certain relegation in 1988/9.

Who scored...from memory Melrose I think, and who else...the match sticks in the memory because Ralph Milne had one of his rare good games setting up at least two of the goals. We then travelled to Southampton and got beat with Johnnie H getting red carded for calling the linesman a cheat.
  • David Whyte's chip when we beat them 3-0 was one of the best Charlton goals I have ever seen.
  • My lads were both Mascots for a night game against them about 12 years ago. We won 2-1 and I think Lee Bowyer scored one of the goals.