Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

SKYDIVE !!

https://www.justgiving.com/page/pippa-edwards-1712829331919?utm_medium=fundraising&utm_content=page/pippa-edwards-1712829331919&utm_source=copyLink&utm_campaign=pfp-share

Posting this on behalf of our 17 year old, season ticket holder grand daughter in the hope there might be a few pennies down the back of your sofa you might like to donate to a worthy, little known cause. 

The event will take place at Headcorn Aerodrome on Saturday July 20th and pics will follow to prove this brave young lady did the deed.

Thanks, guys & gals.

Comments

• Must be the season for it, my daughter is doing the same in early August. Will sponsor when I get home, Jean.
  • Rob7Lee said:
    Must be the season for it, my daughter is doing the same in early August. Will sponsor when I get home, Jean.
    Oh what a coincidence ! 

Thank you so much for sponsoring & please forward me your daughter's details & link when you have them.
  • edited July 9
    Loved every minute of it, celebrating my 50th I think?
    I’d do it again in a heartbeat 👍

• Great cause. Donation made.
  • Great cause. Donation made.
    Thank you so much ! 
  • Duly donated. Well done Pippa!
  • Thank you, AA ! 
  • Done.
  • Rob7Lee said:
    Done.
    Thank you ! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Done! X
  • Thank you, lovely lady ! 
  • Apologies for bumping one final time with just 9 days until D Day ( Dive Day ) 

Pippa wants to give a massive thanks to everyone that has sponsored her so far, with a special mention to a very generous Lifer who hails from SE16. A true star ! 
  • edited July 11
    She sent me a wee email.
    A lovely touch.
    Don’t forget to send us updates Nanny! 🥰
  • Very close to THE day now  ! 

Having passed her driving test first time on Weds , this is turning out to be quite a momentous week ! 
  • Mission accomplished on Saturday morning & no injuries ro report.  Phew!

After waiting for the cloud cover to dissipate  & 3 groups to go up, up, & away (& down ), it was Pippa's turn alongside 8 other brave souls. 

We watched the plane take off & circle above Headcorn Aerodrome, getting  higher & higher until it disappeared from view. A somewhat nervous 30 seconds passed before  "pinpricks " began to appear through the thinning clouds - then the parachutes became clearer as they descended into view together with dangling legs ! 

One seemed to take longer than the rest...." I bet that's Pippa!" said her Mum, and it was. 

The landing area was too far away for us to pick her out but when all concerned had boarded the LandRover bringing them "home" we caught a glimpse of her, thankfully with a rosy complexion, NOT the green one I'd feared. Job done. 

She admitted that she'd felt a bit nauseous in the plane but the actual skydive was enjoyable with fantastic views over the Kent/E Sussex countryside.

I have a couple of photos to attach but am finding it rather tricky, but when I get the necessary assistance, I'll put them up here...but don't get too excited.....

Once again, thank you all so much for your interest and for the generous donations received which will help blind dogs to live happy & as normal lives as possible. Just under £700 was raised for this good cause. 

One thing in life you can count on.

Charlton Lifers.

( Fanny loves you All !)
    xx
  • Woo hoo!
    Thanks for the update Jean.

Well done Pippa 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻🤩♥️
  • Well done, Pippa!!
  • Very well done Pippa, you've had a week to remember, culminating in that sky dive.   xx