Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hillier Family, Cold Blow, Bexley - Help Needed

Looking for members of the Hillier family who lived in the Cold Blow area of Bexley till 1972. Then my parents bought their house and a while later in the garden I dug up an item of historical significance only to them. I've kept it ever since. I'd love to return it to them and I'm sure they'd want it back. The father's name was Brian and they had a couple of kids.

Long shot but if anyone knows of them or indeed think they are one of them please get in touch. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Found a Brian Hillier whom married a Patricia Kelly in Sidcup in 1961.

Two children, Ian and  Andrew, had births registered in Dartford in 1962 and 1964 respectively. The birth of Jaqueline was registered in Bexley in 1967.

Any of those names mean anything? If so I'll try to find an address or two or three.
  • Options
    I know an Alfie Hillier that lives in Joydens Wood, not sure if they are related?? 
  • Options
    David Hillier who played for Arsenal was local. My cousin knocked about with him
  • Options
    edited July 9
    LenGlover said:

Two children, Ian and  Andrew, had births registered in Dartford in 1962 and 1964 respectively. The birth of Jaqueline was registered in Bexley in 1967.

Any of those names mean anything? If so I'll try to find an address or two or three.
    I attended Ramsden school for Boys (Orpington)  with an Ian Hillier. Quite a good footballer as I recall, but not seen him since. He would have been born 62/63 so maybe same. Not that it helps much. 
  • Options
    edited July 9
    LenGlover said:

Len, thanks. Not sure but Patricia could be the right name. I was only 9 at the time when we moved in but my parents said they definitely had two boys around 10 so that fits but couldn’t remember a daughter but they would have only met them once or twice when viewing the house. Any info you can find would be much appreciated.
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    David Hillier who played for Arsenal was local. My cousin knocked about with him
    Turned out for the Horse & Groom once as well. Along with Wayne Burnett.

• Options
    Gribbo said:
    Ah, it must have been a couple of suitcases found under the patio!
  • Options
    Out of curiosity, I had a look (thought the name rang a bell, but can't think why)

There's an Andrew Peter Hillier, born January 1964 who is listed as company director of this estate agents in Sevenoaks but no longer with them, seems to have left in 2016. 

192.com shows him in Sevenoaks (living with Debie and Henry Hillier) although not that recent.  Debie (born 1968) is also a past director, presume wife of Andrew, Henry presumably their son.

The estate agents are still in business, so might possibly be worth a contact.
  • Options
    @LargeAddick have sent a PM.