Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

International broadcasts...A response from the club

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bangkokaddick[/cite]It's probably taken us all by surprise that the Football League has such a strict policy in place.

I was expecting to pick up the Championship highlights from the South African sports channels we get on cable here but there have been changes here too. The main pay-TV entity this year purchased the exclusive rights to show the EPL in Thailand, whereas before it took its coverage from ESPN/Star. Part of the deal is that all the smaller cable stations have been forbidden to show the Premiership. It could be that they have been banned from showing any live football whatsoever as the French and Italian League games were also missing from the screen last weekend. My first thoughts were, 'No Premiership, maybe they'll show the televised Championship games.' I now doubt that.

In a roundabout way I am saying I'm going to be soccer starved. I can't afford to take the monopoly service as I have 20-odd TVs in my guesthouses and the cable is cheap, the other service isn't. I'll go to a local bar for the better games but a fix of CAFC won't go amiss so , basically I'm saying count me in.
    [cite]Posted By: Bangkokaddick[/cite]It's probably taken us all by surprise that the Football League has such a strict policy in place.

Go to www.sopcast.com download the player and you get the EPL games free on the weekend. It usually Chinese commentary but that's all right......
  • Options
    The Stoke game is on Foxsports at 2am in Australia
  • Options
    Should have said 2am Sunday morning
  • Options
    is it 2am... I thought it said 2pm...... as in a rerun???
  • Options
    12.30pm Golf: USLPGA Canadian Women's Open Canadian Women's Open
    Golf/Base. Round 3. The LPGA Tour features elite female golfers from around the world vying for a total tour prize of US$54.285 million. (G)
    2.00pm Football: CC Championship Stoke v Charlton
    Soccer. Great action from the English Football League Championship. (G) (W/S)

Its 2pm mate...

Save you getting up in the morning...
  • Options
    Some interesting comments here. I'd like to try and take things further, but Im afraid that the 30 odd Addicks downunder that we have are simply not going to be enough. I tuned into BBC radio London on the net and it said it was rights restricted....got it on the radio, but the atmospherics played havoc in Sevenoaks...BBC Radio Kent on the internet had some non descript game on at....wait for it....Salisbury.
    Im sitting here shaking my head in dismay.

Anyway...we can get around live broadcasting....but its going to need somebody, in the London area who doesnt go to the live games, and they have a good internet connection and a decent microphone.....anybody?
  • Options
    I believe that there is nothing stopping an Internet based station having regular reports from the Valley or wherever the boys are in action?

Would that be a solution for you? For instance regular updates every 5 minutes?
  • Options
    Peeps, can we let this lie a bit. AFKA and I are working on something, but it may not work unless everything is kept schtum.
  • Options
    Ooops sorry about the am/pm stuff up. I would have got up you know. Its sad when you get old