Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

PC Baines

Anyone who lived in SE7 back in late 70s, early 80s remember the local Bobby, PC Baines?

Nb - This ain't leading anywhere, just wondered if anyone remembered him and there's any stories about him. 

Comments

• edited June 24
    no... does that help?
  • Who Is Ryan Pilkington In Line Of Duty And Which Season Was He In

Did well for himself I believe.
  • What was the local Bobby for Joydens Wood called when I was little @Gribbo ?
    He was a great bloke, can you look into it for me?
  • Gribbo said:
    Anyone who lived in SE7 back in late 70s, early 80s remember the local Bobby, PC Baines?

Nb - This ain't leading anywhere, just wondered if anyone remembered him and there's any stories about him. 
    Really ? you just picked out a bobby from 40 odd years ago asking if there's any stories about him ? Sorry but seems a bit odd to me. 
    He was the local Bobby. Used to come to the school and do road safety etc. Was always at the local school fates etc.

Don't spend too much time getting too wound up about it though mate, I was just enquiring about an old local charactor.
  • Gribbo said:
    Gribbo said:

Really ? you just picked out a bobby from 40 odd years ago asking if there's any stories about him ? Sorry but seems a bit odd to me. 
    He was the local Bobby. Used to come to the school and do road safety etc. Was always at the local school fates etc.

Don't spend too much time getting too wound up about it though mate, I was just enquiring about an old local charactor.
    Wound up ? :D
  • Yeah @charltonbob or should we say @Charlton Bobby ….
  • Take it this thread ain't gonna hit the dizzy heights of the take-over thread then, as far as number of posts is concerned?
  • ....what about the rag and bone man?
  • Sponsored links:

• .....toffee apply man?
  • Gribbo said:
    ....what about the rag and bone man?
    I know he's human after all
  • edited June 26
  • Gribbo said:
    loads about now, but now they drive a van and collect from outside your house.
    The last proper rag and bone man i knew was Bill in Mottingham,
  • Gribbo said:
    loads about now, but now they drive a van and nick stuff thats just been delivered from outside your house.
    The last proper rag and bone man i knew was Bill in Mottingham,
    Minor update
  • I remember the rag n bone man in Joydens Wood
  • edited June 27
    My uncle was a Rag and Bone man, although he called himself an Antiques Dealer!